Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab [Paid] 2.10.0

No permission to buy ($29.99)

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab - Quickly set the thumbnail for a thread using thread attachments.

Add-On Overview
The product allows setting a thumbnail for a thread using one of the attachments attached to the thread.

It is possible to choose which image attached should be the thumbnail when creating a new thread or editing the first post of a thread:

View attachment 171222

The product also adds an icon to current thumbnail/default thread icon allowing to quickly change the thumbnail of threads from thread list (in forum view, What's New page etc.). It...

Read more about this resource...

Images in lightbox popup don't work:
1521233541037.webp
BTW. it promises to be interesting, but IMO $49 is too high price, so I will give up from thread thumbnails in xF2 for now :)

Images in lightbox popup don't work:
View attachment 171225
BTW. it promises to be interesting, but IMO $49 is too high price, so I will give up from thread thumbnails in xF2 for now :)

Thank you for the report. The issue was not due to a bug in the product but the fact, that guests can not see the full attachments on our board. We have modified guest user permissions to be able to access attachments, so the lightbox will work now. We will modify the product not to use lightbox if the user currently viewing the list of threads does not have a permission to see the full attachment.

The product costs 29.99 USD unless of course, you want to purchase branding removal as well. Hopefully, you will afford the price considering further updates and new features we are planning in the product.

Thank you!

looks great...

I dont get it.

at first, I thought this was some type of addon that allows adding category
icons on the home page without pasting code modifications all over the place...

anywho...

any chance you can quick fix this to take the first image in the post as the thumbnail as a option ?
Willing to throw 50$ extra your way for a quick fix.

any chance you can quick fix this to take the first image in the post as the thumbnail as a option ?
This would be the ideal functionality for this add-on in my opinion. It's great that you can specifically set an image for the thumbnail, but I don't see that happening very often. The add-on automatically finding the first image in the thread and setting the thumbnail to that, if there is no custom thumbnail set, is actually very useful.

This would be the ideal functionality for this add-on in my opinion. It's great that you can specifically set an image for the thumbnail, but I don't see that happening very often. The add-on automatically finding the first image in the thread and setting the thumbnail to that, if there is no custom thumbnail set, is actually very useful.

Sure, this can be implemented. We will implement it soon and release the update.

Thank you!

Yeah that definitely needs to happen, like the XF1 ThemeHouse version.

"$9.99 USD Setup Fee"

I think that's the first time I ever saw that. What needs setting up?

This is just the way the software we use for selling digital products phrases it. The product costs 29.99 USD, which includes 20 USD support/updates for the first year. So the remaining 9.99 USD is the price paid only the first time to buy the add-on, and 20 USD for the first year of support and updates. The phrasing comes from domain selling world where the first purchase considers some "setup" of the service. Of course, we have setup process for the first purchase as well (for example, assigning a license key), which does not happen when you just extend your purchase, but this setup is done automatically.

@BobbyUgh , @cjwinternet , @Yawn - we consider implementing this and we have some thoughts to share before we process further. Our add-on, in difference with other XenForo 1.x add-ons implementing similar functionality, is fully integrated with attachment system, which provides the best performance benefits. Based on your comments, I am not completely sure, if you mean the add-on to automatically detect and use the first attachment of the thread, or to use the first image embedded in the text of the thread. I see there are use cases for both, and it is not clear, if we implement both, which one should be a priority - the first thread attachment found or the image detected from post text itself.

Please let us know your thoughts and we will continue the development of this feature.

Thank you!

I'll be honest, I'm not bothered which method, as long as existing and new threads get a thumbnail automatically. Being able to change that image from a naff one is a bonus.

We can modificate the size of the thumbnails? like the xenforo 1 it would be very interesting

Do you mean the size in the thread list? There is no need for an add-on or any changes in our add-on for that, it can be done using CSS rules as CSS controls the size of the first block and the size of avatar image in it.

Thank you!

And what is the code of the css i need an addon to modificate the icon size of the avatar in one forum specific like the image it can do it?

Attachments

• 03FCC910-F0D1-4165-8ED7-5B7159123CD0.webp
    03FCC910-F0D1-4165-8ED7-5B7159123CD0.webp
    89.6 KB · Views: 45
And what is the code of the css i need an addon to modificate the icon size of the avatar in one forum specific like the image it can do it?

The exact CSS depends on the theme you are using. Our add-on is tested and works on XenForo default theme and official support is provided only for it. Once you have the add-on installed, it will add the thumbnails in the list using XenForo's default styling. You can ask your theme provider or any XenForo designer for specific instructions on how to make the thumbnails to appear as you want. We usually do not provide design services, but if you will not be able to find someone just post the link to your forums with existing thumbnails and we will have a look.

Thank you!

The exact CSS depends on the theme you are using. Our add-on is tested and works on XenForo default theme and official support is provided only for it. Once you have the add-on installed, it will add the thumbnails in the list using XenForo's default styling. You can ask your theme provider or any XenForo designer for specific instructions on how to make the thumbnails to appear as you want. We usually do not provide design services, but if you will not be able to find someone just post the link to your forums with existing thumbnails and we will have a look.

Thank you!
Okey bro i will contact with someone of the developers of xenforo and tell him if they could tell me how to change the size of the avatar icon on a specific discussion list... then i will buy your addon

... we consider implementing this and we have some thoughts to share before we process further. Our add-on, in difference with other XenForo 1.x add-ons implementing similar functionality, is fully integrated with attachment system, which provides the best performance benefits. Based on your comments, I am not completely sure, if you mean the add-on to automatically detect and use the first attachment of the thread, or to use the first image embedded in the text of the thread. I see there are use cases for both, and it is not clear, if we implement both, which one should be a priority - the first thread attachment found or the image detected from post text itself.
Personally my forum does not allow users to use the attachment system, as this doesn't really affect our users and would only increase running costs for storage space. I'm not sure how common this is but I do know that the vast usage of forum images are usually third-party embeds, pre-hosted content on other services such as imgur. If you can have it detect both, I think that would make this the 'be-all' thumbnail add-on for XF2. You may also decide (or perhaps add an option) for rather it will only search the first post for possible thumbnails or if it will check every reply in the thread for a thumbnail as well.

AddonsLab updated Thread Thumbnail by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Automatic Thumbnail option

This version implements automatic thumbnail option. If enabled in Admin Panel, all threads will automatically get a thumbnail based on the first attached image in the first post or the first image found in post's text itself.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom