Quick Thread by AddonsLab

Quick Thread by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy ($24.99)
Any chance to have this quick thread form on the main page of forums? we could select any forum with a drop down menu like prefix selection menu.

Thank you for the suggestion. We already considered this in upcoming releases. It may be implemented with or without forum selection, if administrator puts the default forum to post in, then forum selection will not be available, or administrator can choose to allow users to select the forum where they want to create a new thread.

We will implement this feature soon and update here.

Thank you!

Perhaps the text box could collapse back if you click out of it?

The behavior is consistent with XenForo 2.x, where users should click the Cancel button to close the editor. The editor and associated form elements are not a simple popup, and closing it by a click outside of editor might be not desirable and would cause loosing of the content in many cases.

If you are still interested in this solution for your own board, feel free to open a project request at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and we will provide the terms to handle it for you as a separate plugin, that will change the behavior of Quick Thread add-on.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Quick Thread by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Quick Thread from forum home page

With this version, we introduced enhanced tools to allow users to start a thread right from forum home page. Now every thread prompt can be set to be shown on forum home page. You can select the forum where the thread is being posted. In product's options page you can also enable the "Post Thread..." button on top of forum home page. This does not basically use the Quick Thread form, but shows a pop-up with all forums available and allows the users to quickly go to the Create Thread page...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can select the forum where the thread is being posted.

I'm a little confused... so if a user use this in forum list the thread is going to be posted in a specific node and to the user is not going to be asked where?

I'm a little confused... so if a user use this in forum list the thread is going to be posted in a specific node and to the user is not going to be asked where?

Exactly. The use case is creating different thread prompts with different messages, each message specifically asking the user to share some type of information. For example, you could create a thread prompt "Please share with us what do you think about our site's design", so that user sees the field and simply starts typing in what they think, and creates a thread in a particular forum where you collect feedback from your users about the website.

Selection of forum where the thread will be posted will be implemented as well but will be optional. If in admin panel you select multiple forums, they will all be shown and allow the user to choose where to post the thread. This, however, requires some additional development regarding forum prefixes, as each forum may have different thread prefixes and other requirements, for example, required tags, so changing the forum should update the form but the same time keep the message and title already typed. We will work on it and will release the next version once we have a stable solution.

Thank you!

or custom thread fields ;)

There is no default feature in XenForo 1.x for custom thread fields. For now don't plan support for any particular third-party add-on, unless the majority of our customers use the add-on and requests such support.

Thank you!

Any chance to have this quick thread form on the main page of forums? we could select any forum with a drop down menu like prefix selection menu.

This is implemented already, but for now with default forum for each thread prompt. We are planning the implementation of forum selection in coming days.

This is implemented already, but for now with default forum for each thread prompt. We are planning the implementation of forum selection in coming days.

I see that this is already working, but instead of the prompt, on the forum index, I only see the buttn "post new thread"

I see that this is already working, but instead of the prompt, on the forum index, I only see the buttn "post new thread"

Those are different features. The button simply creates a quick way to start a thread in any forum, providing the list of forums and allowing to choose any of them. To have the Quick Thread form on the home page you should create a Thread Prompt under Applications tab, mark the check box "Show on Home Page", and select the forum where the thread will be created if the form is used on forum home page. Please see the screenshot for an example -
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/add-thread-prompt-png.155534/

Thank you!

Last edited:
Those are different features. The button simply creates a quick way to start a thread in any forum, providing the list of forums and allowing to choose any of them. To have the Quick Thread form on the home page you should create a Thread Prompt under Applications tag, mark the check box "Show on Home Page", and select the forum where the thread will be created if the form is used on forum home page. Please see the screenshot for an example -
https://xenforo.com/community/attachments/add-thread-prompt-png.155534/

Thank you!

ok, I thought the thread starter could choose the forum in a second step.
Thanks!

No problem! Choosing forum in the Quick Thread form on the home page will be implemented soon as well.

Thank you!
cool!
If I may ask, what about enabling usergroup permissions for single prompts? Or conditionals like:
- new member (= 0 posts)
- Unregistered
That would show a specific prompt to newbies or readers who don't participate in the forums and encourage them to write

cool!
If I may ask, what about enabling usergroup permissions for single prompts? Or conditionals like:
- new member (= 0 posts)
- Unregistered
That would show a specific prompt to newbies or readers who don't participate in the forums and encourage them to write

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider implementing User Criteria system of XenForo, so you can choose from many criteria to whom to show the block.

Thank you!

Top Bottom