Quick Thread by AddonsLab

Quick Thread by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy ($24.99)
Suggestion: The "Post thread in..." popup is messy in the right column:

Screenshot at Oct 24 11-41-33.webp

Would suggest truncating the thread counts (190k instead of 190051 like XF2 does). Also "Thread" should be "Threads" :)

Good work!

One more suggestion: Is it possible to somehow code a "Post Thread..." button on our home portal page? We use CTA Featured Threads portal page. :D

Is this addon compatible with:
  • Elastic Search Essentials (similar Threads)
  • Post Friction
  • PostGuard
For the global new post button: is it possible to select which nodes are displayed? I have many hundreds of nodes.
For the node selection could you implement a similar layout to TH Quick Thread? i.e. side by side so that much less vertical space is used.

Is it possible to display the new thread button next to the title bar?

Hello, everyone!

Suggestion: The "Post thread in..." popup is messy in the right column:

View attachment 160540

Would suggest truncating the thread counts (190k instead of 190051 like XF2 does). Also "Thread" should be "Threads" :)

Good work!

The fix is implemented now, we will release it soon.

One more suggestion: Is it possible to somehow code a "Post Thread..." button on our home portal page? We use CTA Featured Threads portal page. :D

This is possible with a template edit. All you need is to have the following code in your template:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.alqt_post_thread_button}">
    <xen:topctrl>
            <a href="{xen:link misc/new-thread-popup}" class="callToAction OverlayTrigger postThreadHomeButton" data-cacheOverlay="true" ><span>{xen:phrase alqt_post_thread_home_button}...</span></a>
    </xen:topctrl>
</xen:if>

It will enable the button only if the appropriate option is enabled. In case of CTA threads home page, I think it will work if you add the code above to the template "cta_featuredthreads_featured", right on the top of template.

Is this addon compatible with:
  • Elastic Search Essentials (similar Threads)
  • Post Friction
  • PostGuard

We did not specifically test the compatibility with any of these add-ons. We checked the source code of PostGuard, and it is obviously going to work without any issues. In case of any issues feel free to contact us and they will be fixed asap. The other two add-ons mentioned are paid and we do not have their licenses. There should not be any problems with compatibility, as our add-on follows all coding standards of XenForo, but if you mean some additional support for specific add-ons, like showing similar threads based on some specific add-on, this can be implemented as well. Please contact us via our Support System to discuss the terms of their implementation.

For the global new post button: is it possible to select which nodes are displayed? I have many hundreds of nodes.

Yes, there is an option to select the forums you would like to be shown in the popup.

For the node selection could you implement a similar layout to TH Quick Thread? i.e. side by side so that much less vertical space is used.

The popup uses CSS-based layout, so in general, it should be possible to style it as you would like. We implemented media queries to make the popup always fully visible on the screen, and if the information inside the popup does not fit in the view fully, a vertical scrollbar appears.

Is it possible to display the new thread button next to the title bar?

As provided above, you can use custom template modifications to add the button wherever you want. Just do not use the "topctrl" from the snippet above and it will show the button exactly where you have added the HTML.

We will release the fix for thread count formatting soon.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Quick Thread by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Thread count formatting change and a phrase fix

This is a minor update fixing a phrase and implementing formatting of large thread numbers as in XenForo 2.x

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug-fix: Undefined index: discussion_count

This version fixes a bug in the recently implemented feature for formatting thread count numbers.

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Thank you!

How can we make the font size smaller with the quick thread title and prefix?

The size is not set by the add-on but by XenForo itself and is the same as on New Thread page. You can, however, apply custom CSS rules, that would make the font size smaller only in Quick Thread area. A rule like this should work:

CSS:
#quickThreadBox .textCtrl.titleCtrl, #quickThreadBox .textCtrl.titleCtrl input {
    font-size: 10pt;
}

Just add this to any CSS template loading on the page (you can also add it to alqt_thread_placeholder.css provided by the product).

I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Is it possible to hide the new thread button on front page or add nofollow to the link so google won't follow it?

Optional "nofollow" attribute for Post Thread button on home page

This version implements a new option allowing to add rel="nofollow" attribute for "Post Thread In..." button on home page.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you...

Is it possible to hide the new thread button on front page or add nofollow to the link so google won't follow it?

There is an option to disable the button altogether, but now we have also added an option to add rel="nofollow" for the button. Please check the latest update.

Thank you!

There is an option to disable the button altogether, but now we have also added an option to add rel="nofollow" for the button. Please check the latest update.

Thank you!

Ok thanks! Yeah i saw that, but i want it visible for members and also guests if rel follow is added because google else will crawl a lot of pages that are not accessible.

Ok thanks! Yeah i saw that, but i want it visible for members and also guests if rel follow is added because google else will crawl a lot of pages that are not accessible.

I see. So anyway, I guess adding rel="nofollow" to the button in general solves the issue with search engines and does not affect the guests and users.

Just let us know if you need anything else.

Thank you!

Is it possible that threads you can select in the new thread button on homepage respects permissions? At the moment you can select them and gives a permission not allowed to post here. It does work (can't select them) when you disable new posts for that forum, but i like to work with permissions for that.

It would be even better i think that they are not visible in the list when no permission for it so members can select a thread more easy.

Top Bottom