Quick look at UI.X 2

Will members be able to switch between forum nodes and topics homepage in preferences?
This was part of the plan originally, but we're erring more towards it being an all or nothing. You do not need Topics, but it just doesn't quite make sense to have them both as options. Theoretically you can in fact have them both on, and then make a default setting people can change. But UI.X Pro focuses on ideal experience, and this is somewhat less than ideal.

You could just install two versions of the same style and allow members to choose between them: one a "Topics on" version and the other a "Topics off" version.

You could just install two versions of the same style and allow members to choose between them: one a "Topics on" version and the other a "Topics off" version.
Well I mean you dont even need to do a style. Its not a style, its a setup. You can have them side by side, its just probably not something you need. You want Topics OR Nodes, not both.

Was wondering if it was possible to have the Mod bar be set up with an Toggle feature. For me and my mods we dont like to look at the mod bar while logged in constantly. Would be nice to toggle it when you hover the mouse over an icon that sits at the top left or center or right side of the page. Just an idea to throw out their.

Was wondering if it was possible to have the Mod bar be set up with an Toggle feature. For me and my mods we dont like to look at the mod bar while logged in constantly. Would be nice to toggle it when you hover the mouse over an icon that sits at the top left or center or right side of the page. Just an idea to throw out their.
You could, its just arguably your mods should *have* to look at it as its where reports go. Arguably if there are no reports we could auto-hide it, but just seems a bit odd of a feature since many sites might have other tools/links there. But yeah maybe!

You could, its just arguably your mods should *have* to look at it as its where reports go. Arguably if there are no reports we could auto-hide it, but just seems a bit odd of a feature since many sites might have other tools/links there. But yeah maybe!
Maybe you could add the feature and give an option to use it or not. ;) I know on my site we would def want to hide the modbar, but i can not speak for any other site owner. Plus your theme would be the only theme that offered that type of feature as well.

Well I mean you dont even need to do a style. Its not a style, its a setup. You can have them side by side, its just probably not something you need. You want Topics OR Nodes, not both.
I thought he was asking for an option for members to be able to switch between the two and your answer was no. Maybe I misunderstood.

Ah sorry, it is possible to have side by side yes, just wasn't recommending it :)
No problem, Mike. Something I'm not clear on, which maybe you can clarify for me, is if the Topics addon will work on all styles, including non-Themehouse ones, or only on Themehouse styles...?

No problem, Mike. Something I'm not clear on, which maybe you can clarify for me, is if the Topics addon will work on all styles, including non-Themehouse ones, or only on Themehouse styles...?
It will work on any style, non-ThemeHouse as well. All our add-ons work on any theme.

@Mike Creuzer regarding the wordpress/xenforo bridge is the wordpress theme available for beta testing and can it be used standalone at the moment before its ready?
Well theoretically yes but it's not bundled differently so we will want to finish it first. I'm hoping we have it within the next 2 weeks. As UI.X Pro bugs have been very few we will hope to get that out this week.

Top Bottom