Quick look at UI.X 2

@Mike Creuzer what is this UIX pro about?

havent been active here. Do you have a separate thread for it to read up.. or is there some snapshots tucked inside one of these threads?

is it just some bundle of your ui.x + addons or is it a completely different addon? think am lucky i found this thread before buying a theme :D

plz give us the info

ok.. just went through the entire 16 pages of discussion. Now i get it. I don't think i'd need the pro bundle.

Am particularly interested in the Sidebar navigation like in Androidforums.

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 4.13.40 PM.webp

I want to list down my forums like that in the sidebar and make it appear as SPA. If my understanding is right, the UI.X2 has this functionality already and i won't need UI.X pro for this.

@Mike Creuzer Am i correct? Please revert as i have to finish my project and start building contents urgently.

[edit: may be it is more proper to ask directly in UIx2 resource thread]

I want to list down my forums like that in the sidebar and make it appear as SPA. If my understanding is right, the UI.X2 has this functionality already and i won't need UI.X pro for this.

@Mike Creuzer @Jake B.

I would also like to know, is this functionality in UIX2 or in UIX 2 PRO?

Topics is just about all we need before Pro

Is there any sneak peak into Topics add-on...

And is there any information about the pricing, if I buy UI.X now and opt for Pro latter...

Can't wait!

Thank you

Topics is just about all we need before Pro and we'll be good to go, but we'll be posting the page for Pro here on the themehouse site soon. Its just about done being designed, maybe Ill post a link up to that sometime before we go live.
News about Pro and this "Topics"? :)

Hey guys here is a quick update:

Audentio was contracted by a rather large eSports company and have been full-time on that for the last few months Now that we have a moment to breathe (released 7 products in the last few days) we will have our focus on xPress (Wordpress bridge) and Topics. When Topics is done, we will have UI.X Pro out as well.

Our marketing side at ThemeHouse is pretty small and our support/dev staff for things like little changes, installation help, and support in general needs to be larger so we can take on the volume. We already have over 200 pre-orders. So we're having to do a lot to ramp up for the volume we're expecting.

We opened a new office in Madison, WI to hopefully find some more help on both PHP and support.

The last question many have asked is price point. When you add up the individual licenses its around $550 or so if you include the customization and installation aspects at normal price. With everything said and done, we're going to open with $195.95, all licenses, setup, and customization included. This will also work with future licenses we scope into UI.X Pro.

Here is a quick idea (content isn't perfect) for the landing page.

Once this is done, and our video, with some polish and bug/feature improvements on all the products - we're done.

aLgn3hp.jpg

@Mike Creuzer will the integration use wordpress for registration or xenforo?
Right now, XenForo. XenForo just does users/membership/usergroup etc better. But we are aware that there are WP membership plugins and are considering a bridge of sorts so you can use them respectively. I'm not sure if that will be a stage 1 at this time.

Any ETA for this?
Will your bridge write users on WP database?
Right now we are finishing user login. As it stands, there is an association ID but nothing gets duplicated for users. The last thing we're finalizing in comments/thread relationship. Auto-posting, theme, and a few other features are mostly complete. Ill post an example of what it looks like in more detail once we're a bit closer. Our goal is to send this to our beta team within the next 2-3 weeks.

As its literally what Im working on today here is a landing page preview (still has some dummy content):

landing.webp

Attachments

• 1524087199704.webp
    1524087199704.webp
    32 KB · Views: 69
Right now we are finishing user login. As it stands, there is an association ID but nothing gets duplicated for users. The last thing we're finalizing in comments/thread relationship. Auto-posting, theme, and a few other features are mostly complete. Ill post an example of what it looks like in more detail once we're a bit closer. Our goal is to send this to our beta team within the next 2-3 weeks.

As its literally what Im working on today here is a landing page preview (still has some dummy content):

View attachment 173722
Many wordpress plugins require to set specific roles for WP users, this is an important feature I think. Do you think that with your plugin we'll be able to do this?

Last edited:
I would like to seperate Xenforo and Wordpress files (for safety reasons) on two different EC2 instances and run them (for historical reasons) on two different domains. So Xenforo with one domain on one EC2 instance, WordPress with another domain on another EC2. Database for both can be the same, if needed.

Would this be possible?

Many wordpress plugins require to set specific roles for WP users, this is an important feature I think. Do you think that with your plugin we'll be able to do this?

We're working on syncing XF user groups to WordPress roles, yes :)

Any reason it’s about $10 more than XenWord Pro?

Realistically they seem like fairly different add-ons. I'm not too familiar with exactly what XenWord does, and I'm sure it'll do some things that ours won't, but the primary difference is that our add-on allows you to use your XenForo style on WordPress

I would like to seperate Xenforo and Wordpress files (for safety reasons) on two different EC2 instances and run them (for historical reasons) on two different domains. So Xenforo with one domain on one EC2 instance, WordPress with another domain on another EC2. Database for both can be the same, if needed.

Would this be possible?

Unfortunately this is not possible, WordPress does have to access to XenForo's files.

Unfortunately this is not possible, WordPress does have to access to XenForo's files.

Ok, for safety reasons I would prefer it different, but we will see.

Is the bridge somehow related to the domains - so will it work to have both files on one EC2 instance, but visit the wordpress pages through one domain, and browsing the forums with another domain?

Thank you!

Is the bridge somehow related to the domains - so will it work to have both files on one EC2 instance, but visit the wordpress pages through one domain, and browsing the forums with another domain?

Yeah, this should work, you'll need to configure CORS to to allow resource sharing from the xenforo domain onto the WordPress domain. If they're entire different domains (aaaa.com vs bbbb.com) it won't show your login status on WordPress since cookies cannot be used across domains but if it's a subdomain (xenforo on forum.aaaa.com and wordpress on aaaa.com, for example) this shouldn't be an issue as long as you configure your cookie domain in XenForo :)

Since its touchy we're going to offer installation for the first few dozen orders free of charge (to make sure we're able to cover all bases with the product) as well as robust documentation for each edge case scenario. Its not an easy thing, so we'll be releasing this to our subscribers/beta team first in the next few weeks.

We're working on syncing XF user groups to WordPress roles, yes :)

Realistically they seem like fairly different add-ons. I'm not too familiar with exactly what XenWord does, and I'm sure it'll do some things that ours won't, but the primary difference is that our add-on allows you to use your XenForo style on WordPress

Ah okay. I do not currently use wordpress, but if I do in the future, syncing styles would be nice.

Top Bottom