A Quick Look: XPress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am yes. The icons work on light UI.X and Flare for some reason.
Odd. We have a theme release tomorrow and a few small updates for XPress, I'll update demo in the am. Not having the issue myself though. May be some server thing.

Well WordPress themes don't have to worry about software updates, third-party add-ons (minus what maybe 2-4?), and thousands of features like XenForo third-party products. You cannot even compare the two, its two completely different worlds. WordPress you can start literally with a blank white html file and go from there, so obviously you will have more control.

I don't understand the question. Yes it works with VC, Divi, etc. So you can use their scaffolding and components.

We can add a demo to WooCommerce, sure. Its not like fully fully supported, but it does in fact work, we tested it. The major features left are:

1. Page templates for things like about, home page options, shop, portfolio, etc. (just a few basic ones)
2. True support for WooCommerce (where we actually will make it use XenForo classes and such)
3. Finalize all importers for Featured Threads, XenPorta, and others

Funny enough though, it could in theory be possible to go the other way around. I just don't think you'd have it as seamless. As I mentioned, XenForo has templates and required css. WordPress does not, minus some utility classes to align things in posts and such. So since XenForo does, it makes sense to use that markup on a WP theme, which is what we did. Going the other way, I mean, I don't know, I wonder about the edge cases. We had a crap ton to deal with.

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I gues what I am trying to understand is the breakthrough stuff. You guys tend to do some awesome work within the limitations of xF. My questions are probably related to the fact the current product demo doesn't really showcase the USPs of what this (if I read correctly is capable of)

So.

How about a WooCommerce demo to show how it looks?
How about some pages using some of the Visual composer elements to see how this looks?

Please don't think I was being a negative nelly - just trying to really understand the product, because if it's seriously capable I will look at it for future projects.

Thanks in advance!

Also - when will there be a demo of UI.X pro? I see that it is a bit behind schedule? Im interested to see the social media style nesting of posts.

@Thom Tyler you make a good point I thank you for that. And yeah I do agree.
How about a WooCommerce demo to show how it looks?
How about some pages using some of the Visual composer elements to see how this looks?
I've made an issue to get a demo of this. We have tested it specifically but should put a demo up.
Also - when will there be a demo of UI.X pro? I see that it is a bit behind schedule? Im interested to see the social media style nesting of posts.
It is behind schedule. Beta team has confirmed it is bug free, we just need to release it and are short handed at the moment. Trying to find some assistance and have posted a few jobs. That all said we do have a demo, albeit there are currently some small visual bugs. I'll get it updated all to latest and get a demo link here.

So this actually doesn't support WordPress themes!
As I mentioned going that way may not even be possible. XenForo has too many templates. I've actually been mulling this over.

To be clear this bridge will work with your WordPress theme is just won't merge the themes.

I can not see and confirm at demo site. If there are more then 5 featured article, is there any slider of this section to see the rest of it at blog main page ?

BF6B6EF1-F92E-4FA0-B800-A64BCBF79432.webp

Another question. I am using UIX.2. I guess after the installation of Xpress, there will be fully integrated thema including my custom header section. Is it correct ?

C628D685-128F-40CD-BFF8-865E1BFA46BB.webp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom