A Quick Look: XPress

Status
Not open for further replies.
The release date will for subscribers will be Tuesday the 10th of July
I have some more questions :)

1- When will the public version be released ?
2- Will there be a detailed documentation for us to install ourself or do we have to buy an installation services ?
3- Will it be possible to change the layout at Xenforo Blog page ? Can we use a 3rd theme to change the layout of Xenforo Blog page ?
4- If I create an article from an existing thread and lets say after 1 month later if I decide not to use Xpress and uninstall it, what will happen to existing thread and replies ?

2- Will there be a detailed documentation for us to install ourself or do we have to buy an installation services ?
3- Will it be possible to change the layout at Xenforo Blog page ? Can we use a 3rd theme to change the layout of Xenforo Blog page ?
4- If I create an article from an existing thread and lets say after 1 month later if I decide not to use Xpress and uninstall it, what will happen to existing thread and replies ?

2. Themehouse have always had good documentation so I wouldn't expect any different. If you're comfortable with installing a xenforo addon and a wordpress plugin then the install is very straight forward (at least the beta was).
4. I believe everything is configured xenforo to wordpress. All the comments will be pulled from xenforo so if you uninstall your wordpress the reply's still stay on your forum

1. Not sure, will leave this one to @Mike Creuzer
2. https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/xpress/installing-xpress
3. Not sure what you mean here. When you're viewing WordPress pages you're still in WordPress, so there isn't really a "XenForo blog page", it just allows XenForo's style to work in WordPress
4. I'll let @Lukas W. elaborate on this, but I'd imagine if you are using the XF thread for comments it'll keep an excerpt from the article in the first post with a link to "read more" (similar to the first post in the discussion thread for the XF Resource Manager) so if you discontinue the use of WordPress you will lose that full article, and copying the full contents back will likely be a manual process

but I'd imagine if you are using the XF thread for comments it'll keep an excerpt from the article in the first post with a link to "read more" (similar to the first post in the discussion thread for the XF Resource Manager) so if you discontinue the use of WordPress you will lose that full article, and copying the full contents back will likely be a manual process

This exactly.

Hey there! We just sent out an email to ThemeHouse subscribers with early access to XPress, along with a coupon code for 50% off that is good for the next month. If you're a subscriber and didn't spot an email from us, feel free to create a ticket and we'll get that taken care of for you. 🙂

Hey there! We just sent out an email to ThemeHouse subscribers with early access to XPress, along with a coupon code for 50% off that is good for the next month. If you're a subscriber and didn't spot an email from us, feel free to create a ticket and we'll get that taken care of for you. 🙂
I guess I misunderstand something :(

I am only using your UI.X2 style user and it does not expire yet. In that case will I be able to get a discount ?

I just did a checkout and it errored out with item total is invalid after paypal checkout page.

I guess I misunderstand something :(
I am only using your UI.X2 style user and it does not expire yet. In that case will I be able to get a discount ?
Subscribers are people who have invested in the company on a recurring basis: https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/subscribe We're just giving them a few days extra as a thank you, early access. We'll release for everyone next week.
I just did a checkout and it errored out with item total is invalid after paypal checkout page.
Checking now.

I don't see any error when checking out, and a few others have said it worked. Can you try again and let me know if there is an error?

I don't see any error when checking out, and a few others have said it worked. Can you try again and let me know if there is an error?

Still error for me, see screenshot, there a little popout that I missed in the screen cap that says Item Total is Invalid.

I'm using the discount code provided.

Payment failed – ThemeHouse.webp

And yes my paypal account is absolutely fine (I use it to renew my subscription with you).

Still error for me, see screenshot, there a little popout that I missed in the screen cap that says Item Total is Invalid.

I'm using the discount code provided.

View attachment 179577

And yes my paypal account is absolutely fine (I use it to renew my subscription with you).
Just replied to ticket, will communicate there.

Stoked to try this out on Friday when I can. Just so you know though: the material design icons on the XPress demo for every theme except for UI.X appear to be broken.

Stoked to try this out on Friday when I can. Just so you know though: the material design icons on the XPress demo for every theme except for UI.X appear to be broken.
Hmm can you screenshot or link? Also aching to release! Its all ready, but gotta honor our early release for our subscribers! Its truly one of our best works, very proud of it.

Good concept. Would of been even better if it took on Wordpress themes (Not hate, but Wordpress themes are 1000x the quality of Xenforo in their looks, Responsive etc.

You mention this works with Visual composer etc - what is the relevence of this, if it inherits the xenforo theme? surely it makes that redundant - or I have misunderstood something?

Any full on examples of this with WooCommerce and the likes or are there any "Wordpress" style modern themes in the works from TH for this?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Good concept. Would of been even better if it took on Wordpress themes (Not hate, but Wordpress themes are 1000x the quality of Xenforo in their looks, Responsive etc.

You mention this works with Visual composer etc - what is the relevence of this, if it inherits the xenforo theme? surely it makes that redundant - or I have misunderstood something?

Any full on examples of this with WooCommerce and the likes or are there any "Wordpress" style modern themes in the works from TH for this?

Thanks,

Thanks,
I think if since it does work with vc, that can be used to really enhance some stand alone pages with extra features. Example if you are running woocommerce and want to promote some product sales, vc is a good way to really display these products. Especially the fact that it is integrated with xenforo. I have many ideas how I am going to approach this when the release comes out. VC makes it easier to setup any page beautifully and even add certain page sliders if wish to go that route. So I think there is many things that someone can do with this full integration, s the sky is the limit in my opinion :)

What I really want to do is some work with the menu area, and enhance it a bit. Maybe something of a mega menu type display. I'm not really sure on the xf part of it, but will know when I try it out :)

Well WordPress themes don't have to worry about software updates, third-party add-ons (minus what maybe 2-4?), and thousands of features like XenForo third-party products. You cannot even compare the two, its two completely different worlds. WordPress you can start literally with a blank white html file and go from there, so obviously you will have more control.
I don't understand the question. Yes it works with VC, Divi, etc. So you can use their scaffolding and components.

Thanks,

Thanks,
We can add a demo to WooCommerce, sure. Its not like fully fully supported, but it does in fact work, we tested it. The major features left are:

1. Page templates for things like about, home page options, shop, portfolio, etc. (just a few basic ones)
2. True support for WooCommerce (where we actually will make it use XenForo classes and such)
3. Finalize all importers for Featured Threads, XenPorta, and others

Funny enough though, it could in theory be possible to go the other way around. I just don't think you'd have it as seamless. As I mentioned, XenForo has templates and required css. WordPress does not, minus some utility classes to align things in posts and such. So since XenForo does, it makes sense to use that markup on a WP theme, which is what we did. Going the other way, I mean, I don't know, I wonder about the edge cases. We had a crap ton to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom