Fixed no difference between size 3 and size 4

Adam Howard

There use to be a noticeable difference between size 3 and size 4

side3 size4

^ Above on my screen this is what I see (attached)

Capture.webp

Using Firefox 22

Its not extremely noticeable, but there is a difference. size3 uses font-size: small;. size4 uses nothing.

@Adam Howard, I'm going by what the code / css uses. And according to that, size3 is smaller since it has "font-size: small" attached to it while size4 utilizes the same definition as the rest of the message text.

@Adam Howard, I'm going by what the code / css uses. And according to that, size3 is smaller since it has "font-size: small" attached to it while size4 utilizes the same definition as the rest of the message text.

Ah. I was going by visual display. Code could say whatever it wants, but the end result is the desired goal that matters.

Can I just say that demonstrating with anything but images is like trying to prove to someone what you see red as? Different browsers, OSes, and fonts may render this differently so if you're trying to demonstrate, use a screenshot.

Can I just say that demonstrating with anything but images is like trying to prove to someone what you see red as? Different browsers, OSes, and fonts may render this differently so if you're trying to demonstrate, use a screenshot.

I was thinking the same thing. lol

By the way.... Windows 8 Pro 64 bit (and as stated, Firefox 22).

Actually I can replicate this on the XenVetana style.

There's a very minute difference between Size 3 and Size 4 in the editor and in posts.

upload_2013-6-18_23-21-52.webp

MM
M
M

above are 4 characters with the following matrix of sizes:

I can zoom in and see few pixel difference both vertically and horizontally. I am using Google Chrome 26 in Ubuntu 12.04

upload_2013-6-18_23-25-44.webp

500% zoom.

There's definitely an issue with that font.

Only solution I can see is to make size 3 visibly smaller which will make it even more smaller than it already is on the fonts where it seems to display normally.

Only solution I can see is to make size 3 visibly smaller which will make it even more smaller than it already is on the fonts where it seems to display normally.

I always believed size 3 was the standard size (or at least it was in TinyMCE). So arguably, don't make size 3 smaller, make size 4 bigger and those after it as well.

Just to add my configuration and results, this is what I see on Safari 7/OS X 10.9 DP1:

3iRgj.png

I always believed size 3 was the standard size (or at least it was in TinyMCE). So arguably, don't make size 3 smaller, make size 4 bigger and those after it as well.

^ disregard that comment. I was wrong. Size 4 was the default in TinyMCE.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom