Resource icon

New Registration Email [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Daniel will have to give you an answer as it is his add-on.
I was merely providing answers to questions about current features.

Thank you for your support. I'll be adding it in the next couple of weeks. I'm about to push out a User Essentials update and Moderator Essentials and Bookmarks revisions probably this afternoon.

Thank you for your support. I'll be adding it in the next couple of weeks. I'm about to push out a User Essentials update and Moderator Essentials and Bookmarks revisions probably this afternoon.
Did you ever end up adding this feature? I just purchased and installed this add on assuming I would be able to get this information but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks.

I've upgraded from an old version and wondering exactly how the new option "When someone is pending approval" works.

How does that differ from "Only once email has been confirmed".

In my forum's case, all new sign ups require manual approval.

I've upgraded from an old version and wondering exactly how the new option "When someone is pending approval" works.

How does that differ from "Only once email has been confirmed".
"Pending approval" state is when a spam checker pushes them into manual approval or they are set to require manual approval.
"Email confirmed" is when they confirm their email.

In my forum's case, all new sign ups require manual approval.
In that case it doesn't make a difference.

Hello,

This is what your add-on offers

View attachment 83472

and this is what @AndyB's add-on offers for free

View attachment 83473
Are you planning to add any more features to yours, so we can find a reason to pay 10 GBP to get it?

What they both offer: Username, Email, IP, quick link to the ip information

What mine offers: Captcha Question, Captcha Answer, User Agent, quick link to the profile page

What his offers: Country (nifty I will admit), quick link to edit user

In all honesty, either one of us adding the rest of these items to the email is trivial. It's not much to add another field to the email. I am however considering widening this add ons feature set. I don't have exact details yet.
Hey @Xon just was looking again at this and wondering if there was any plan to include a few of these other features?

It's nice to have the location entered by the user show up on the email, esp for a regional club forum (FYI it's just "Location entered" now, not "country", and a link to the profile not the ACP page)

Though, I personally prefer the ACP page link as well as the user profile link, looks like yours does exactly this.

I really like the dual email functionality...that's a big one to me. What would be nice however is if you could select who gets what email. What I mean is, I may only want admins to get an email when someone registers but it isn't completely yet, either due to lack of confirmation or being moderated. But once that is resolved, I might want a broader array of people notified that this new user registration is complete and they are reachable. Possible?

Hey @Xon just was looking again at this and wondering if there was any plan to include a few of these other features?
I've been quite busy with my other add-ons so I haven't had time to revisit this.

I really like the dual email functionality...that's a big one to me. What would be nice however is if you could select who gets what email. What I mean is, I may only want admins to get an email when someone registers but it isn't completely yet, either due to lack of confirmation or being moderated. But once that is resolved, I might want a broader array of people notified that this new user registration is complete and they are reachable. Possible?
Definitely would be. At the moment it only emails admins who can interact with the user, so if they don't have the manage user admin permission they don't get emailed.

I was under the impression that it also emails whoever you tell it to via direct email entry in the field? That's what shows up on the overview, 4th pic - is that outdated?

4_options.webp

I was under the impression that it also emails whoever you tell it to via direct email entry in the field? That's what shows up on the overview, 4th pic - is that outdated?

View attachment 147678
Actually I just updated it :P

Yes, it allows you to send to a single email address and/or all admins. You can't do a mixture a different stages. It is just the idea of 'admins' is filtered down from 'any admin even if they can't do anything with it'

Top Bottom