XF 2.0 No approval cue and No new registration emails

Donske

Lately, I have new users registering and I am trying to chase down some problems and here are some bullet points: Under Setup > Options > User Registration

• New user registers and Admin no longer gets any emails about a new user registering (so they can be approved).
  • Admin Staff Nav Bar is not showing "Approval cue" of new users that need approval.
  • I am having new members show up on my forum that were not even approved yet. (this one is really strange). As if when they registered, they were auto approved, but I have my forum set up for Manual Approval.
I do have my user registration set up for "Manual Approval". I have reviewed all my settings and unless I am missing a setting somewhere else. My email transport method is Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers). I know my email that I use works as I have tested this and have sent out test emails to myself. I also get emails from Alerts, ect. But when it comes to the Newly Registered...no email and no approval cue.

Maybe something is bypassing the Manual Approval process (???)

I would appreciate any help or feedback on this.

I'm experiencing similar issues ... they don't actually get in though. In my case I get 30-40 New registration notifications per day, with username and email shown, but there is no record of them when searching for users awaiting email confirmation. IMHO there's a way spammers are getting around the registration form and triggering the notification.

Having a similar problem to Okiewan. We get new members and they show as valid although not admin approved. But none of them spam and none of the approved, valid members are showing on the front page as the newest member. Just updated from 2.1 to 2.1.2.

Top Bottom