Resource icon

New Registration Email [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Hi Syndol, I would like to purchase this addon ASAP, it's actually for a site going live tomorrow :-/ please contact me when you're back. Thanks!

Hi there,

I've had this running for a few weeks now and it works great, but every once in a while I get new user registration that seems to skip the "Awaiting Email Confirmation" stage and goes straight to "Awaiting Approval". In these cases, the user never receives the "Account Confirmation Required" email.

As admin, I do receive the initial "New User Has Registered But Awaiting Email Confirmation" email, but since the user never receives anything to action, I never receive the subsequent "New User Awaiting Approval" email. And when I check their user record, their status is already set to "Awaiting Approval".

This happens for maybe one out of ten new registrations, and I cannot find any pattern amongst the affected users.

This looks very promising and support also looks very good. We need this feature and also find it very useful in our current vB forum. There is another add-on here that seems to be very similar. With the other one you seem to be able to choose which profile fields are included in the mail. Is this also possible with your add-on?

Hello,

This is what your add-on offers

3_Email.webp

and this is what @AndyB's add-on offers for free

2014-09-11 17-46-50.webp
Are you planning to add any more features to yours, so we can find a reason to pay 10 GBP to get it?

What they both offer: Username, Email, IP, quick link to the ip information

What mine offers: Captcha Question, Captcha Answer, User Agent, quick link to the profile page

What his offers: Country (nifty I will admit), quick link to edit user

In all honesty, either one of us adding the rest of these items to the email is trivial. It's not much to add another field to the email. I am however considering widening this add ons feature set. I don't have exact details yet.

This add-on has an option to only be notified once the new user has actually confirmed their email address and thus completed their registration as opposed to just when submitting the form.
Also, you are notified when user registers with their Google, Twitter, Facebook.

This add-on has an option to only be notified once the new user has actually confirmed their email address and thus completed their registration as opposed to just when submitting the form.
Also, you are notified when user registers with their Google, Twitter, Facebook.

Is it possible to get both a notification when a user registers, and then a second e-mail when they confirm?

Top Bottom