Resource icon

New Registration Email [Paid] 1.2.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Thanks kprojects.
I think that for the next update I will add the CAPTCHA Answer in the email whenever the Question & Answer CAPTCHA is used.
This way one can see which Q&A does not quite work against spammers.

The SPAM bots must "remember" the answers when they get them right.

Sounds like a server glitch (same as double posts?).
Could you please provide me with a screen capture of your User Registration settings (erase any email addresses of course).
I'll try and replicate it.

Your above image shows 2 different recipient names.
Are you sure you do not have the same email address under Notification Email Address that is also present in one of the Email All Admins.

Syndol updated New Registration Email with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4

What's new:
  • When CAPTCHA Question & Answer is enabled, the given Question and Answer may now be included in the email you receive.
    • This should help you determine which of your questions are easily answered by spam bots, thus giving you a chance to quickly change them.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/NRE/' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the addon-NRE_104.xml

Read the rest of this update entry...

The following would be great to have in the email too:

HTTP_referrer
User-Agent

Also, a simple link to their actual profile.

I have manual approval selected for new registrations, and I have it set to email me on initial registration, and again once email has been confirmed.

I had a user register about 12 hours ago and I got the initial email "New User has Registered but Awaiting Email Confirmation" but they didn't confirm their email at that time.

Then just now I get two emails at the same time, "New User has Registered" (never got these ever before, normally it says they are awaiting email confirmation) and also "New User Awaiting Approval".

But when I went to check the users awaiting approval the user is somehow already approved without my doing anything. I am the only mod/admin on this forum.

Can anyone shed any light on why/how that that "New User has Registered" email has come about. Are they only usually sent when there is no manual approval required?

I have tried replicating the issue by creating dummy users but it's not happening again. I get the "New User has Registered but Awaiting Email Confirmation" and "New User Awaiting Approval" as expected.

I am using Xenforo 1.1.5 and New Registration Email 1.0.4.

Hi Beanjam,

Are we talking here about multiple new registrations? Which emails were sent to which user?
Have you disabled the add-on or changed the registration setup at any point? Could they have registered while it was disabled?
Thanks.

Just this one user. As Admin I received the following emails during their registration process in this order -

First:
"New User has Registered but Awaiting Email Confirmation - [username]"

Then about 12 hours later these 2 emails I received these emailed (sent from the server at the exact same second):
"New User has Registered - [username]"
"New User Awaiting Approval - [username]"

I went and looked at users awaiting approval, there were none. Checked the user in question, they were already approved.

The plug-in and manual approval have been enabled the entire time.

I did a forum & plug-in upgrade a week ago, and other members have registered since then in the normal approved fashion. Very strange.

I think what happened is the user registered and confirmed his email.
You then got an email telling you that you have a new user to approve, but before you got around to it, that same user changed his email address causing him to come out of moderation and back to email confirmation state.
So when you went to look for him in the moderation queue he was not there. Only once he re-approves his email, will he go back into moderation.
While the user is still on your ACP user list, he's state is "Awaiting email confirmation".
If the user state shows as "Valid" and you did not approve them and never changed the registration parameters, then perhaps you have another add-on that deals with registrations as this add-on does not modify the user state at all.

Looks to be the same user email and they are valid, so I really have no idea what has happened.

So when are these emails normally received that say just - "New User has Registered - [username]" ?

Are they when you don't have any manual approval requirement set and new sign ups can get straight in?

Sure, I'll add it using whatever IP Information URL is set in the ACP.
I'll update it in the next day or two.

Syndol updated New Registration Email with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5

What's new:
  • IP address now links to the IP Information URL you have set in the ACP (usually whatismyipaddress.com)
  • Added an option to include the User Agent information (in most cases this will be the user's operating system and browser).
  • Added a direct link to the user's profile page.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/NRE/ControllerPublic' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upgrade the addon-NRE_105.xml
  3. If you wish...

Read the rest of this update entry...

FYI
Please note that I will be away until the 25th of October.
I shall respond to any questions or reported issues upon my return.
Thank you.

Top Bottom