New Registration Email

New Registration Email [Paid] 2.2.1

No permission to buy ($15.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

New Registration Email - Receive an email whenever a new user registers at your forum.

About:
This add-on sends out an email whenever a new user registers at your forum.
It is especially useful when you manually approve all new registrations, but also comes in handy in screening out spammers as the email provides you with handy information, allowing you to quickly decide whether you need to further monitor this user.

Features:
  • Receive an email when:
    • New registration
    • New registration which has gone into the approval queue
    • The email has...

Read more about this resource...

Does this also sends email if someone registers via facebook, twitter or any other implemented registration options in Xenforo?

I believe it should as it hooks the back-end login process that the 3rd party registration entry points use.

I have 2 people in my approval queue on my test site but have received no emails. I verified email is entered in options correct. These are users I created through admin.

Doubt you would get a email by creating users, it does not trigger the same steps as when someone actually registers from the front end.

Doubt you would get a email by creating users, it does not trigger the same steps as when someone actually registers from the front end.
It says email sent when users are awaiting approval.... that means if there are users in approval queue it should send an email.

The option says "When someone is pending approval ". That means when someone is pending approval you should get an email.

very first line of the addon description:

About:

very first line of the addon description:

About:
No.

The option says when there are users awaiting approval.

Regardless I registered a test user and confirmed the email and still haven't received an email that way either.

Well I can't say why you did not get an email from a regular registration, but this should not send an email for created users as it hooks the back-end login process.

Well I can't say why you did not get an email from a regular registration, but this should not send an email for created users as it hooks the back-end login process.

Do you have this Addon installed and working?

I currently have 4 users in my approval queue.

2 created and set to awaiting validation in admin.

2 registered "normal" way.

I've verified email is correct and even tested sending emails using the tools.

It's not sending emails.

If you want detailed support, Open a ticket on my site. I only get notified on the first post before I revisit a thread here and it is easy to miss with the number of add-ons I have and amount of email I get.

I currently have 4 users in my approval queue.

2 created and set to awaiting validation in admin.

2 registered "normal" way.

I've verified email is correct and even tested sending emails using the tools.

It's not sending emails.
Per the feature list;
Receive an email when:
  • New registration
  • New registration which has gone into the approval queue
  • The email has been confirmed
  • New registration and on the email has been confirmed

This add-on only sends an email when a user registers, not when an admin creates the user or manually moves them into an approval state.

This add-on requires you to either configure "Email All Admins" or set a "Notification Email Address".

Have you confirmed that your site is actually sending email? Please try sending a test email via the admincp first.

Top Bottom