New Monitor

I have to buy all my stuff online since we don't even have a computer store anywhere close to where I live. TN panels have already been explained - not something you want if color matters. You probably paid a lot more for the monitor at a physical store than online. My brother bought his for $150 (including a rebate).

Well I paid about 2.5 x that ;) Hardware is scandalously expensive here.

I really want a Mac at work but our main software is only available on Windows.

There are alternatives for the Mac but quite frankly we spend a lot of money on the current software and not jut that we all know how to use this it... Well most of us do... Well one of us does.

I went Mac three years ago. Wish I'd changed sooner.

I have heard this so many times, all but one person I know who has changed love it, and like you wish they had done it sooner, the person who didn't like it actually hated it, but I think that is rare.

Today for the first time, I suddenly got it completely, and it occured to me that the reasons that have always been used to justify not going Mac.. the non-upgrade path.. yadda yadda.. are irrelevant, as I said to Jeff, seriously, when was the last time we upgraded or modified (post purchase) a machine anyway.

But sadly, I really can't do it just at the moment... I vowed today this monitor would have to do me for a little while until I can get my 27" Mac.

I really want a Mac at work but our main software is only available on Windows.
VMWare Fusion is brilliant. I have a whole bunch of different Windows machines that run on my Mac Pro.

vmware-fusion.webp

I believe I know why the drivers are missing. It's an outdated model. I just hit the global site searching their product line and it's showing 0 results with that product number. So yes, I would return it.

That was my thought as well Liz, hit the net but couldn't find drivers at the normal haunts or via a google :(

Vista as usual was a whole heap of useless in trying to resolve issues, dear god in heaven I hate this OS and am throwing my toys out of the pram till we get back to XP. No wonder folk are migrating over to Apple. Unfort can't quite get the budget happening for a complete switch to Apple at the moment, then there's the learning curve of course.

That was my thought as well Liz, hit the net but couldn't find drivers at the normal haunts or via a google :(

Vista as usual was a whole heap of useless in trying to resolve issues, dear god in heaven I hate this OS and am throwing my toys out of the pram till we get back to XP. No wonder folk are migrating over to Apple. Unfort can't quite get the budget happening for a complete switch to Apple at the moment, then there's the learning curve of course.
Upgrade to windows 7 - major improvement.

If you want crisp viewing, get LED backlit, not just LCD only. I agree with the mac comment myself. You need half the specs to achieve the same thing from a PC... go figure!

Well I am about to pack this thing up and return it ... not sure what I will get now, it's so hard when we don't have a proper big computer store around here.

Mac will have to wait unfortunately, but it is on my radar now, won't be too long .. and it will be my precious
evil.gif

Top Bottom