Moderator Essentials

Moderator Essentials [Paid] 2.6.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
@Xon

It'd be nice if there were permissions added to control whether mods can use the "Edit silently" and "Clear last edit" functions :)

Just to verify, does this mean there's no longer a 30 day maximum?
This removes the error message blocking entering a value >7 days, it probably should use the "Mod Log Search Max Days" but the actual search will respect that value even if you enter a value > 30 days.

After successfully installed it yesterday, I keep getting new alerts after my moderators made some few moderations today even i had several times checked on the same moves he did - there were the old ones. Did i missed any setting here?

I'ld need to see what the alerts you are seeing to be able to tell

I'd haven't read 9 new actions today. But the alerts showing total 49 new actions which includes total previous actions.

Another issue is,sometimes new alerts suddenly showing even there was no action made. I can't provide an example at this moment, will provide one when i'm facing it again.

Snap60.gifSnap61.gifSnap62.gif

It would be great if only logs are displayed whose forums of origin the moderators can also see.

At the moment all moderators can see logs whose forums/threads they can't actually see. This way you get indirect information :(

Hello Xon,

One thing I've found myself doing is unapproving a post and then ignoring it until the user makes the necessary changes. I wish this was one of the warning options, to apply a warning then unapproved rather than just delete or post a public notice.

Outright deleting the post prevents them from making the corrections and ignoring the post will allow the content to remain visible which I do not want. The issue with this situation is that the little moderator icon remains visible for the entire time in the moderation bar. Sometimes when something is reported, I would prefer to dismiss the report so it doesn't show up when I review other reports. Could we push these 'ignored' reports to a different area, kind of like a spam box or something? Chances are we could simply ignore them indefinitely or for days/weeks/months at a time.

@doublespaces for reports & multiple queues; this is what Report Centre Essentials is for. On my site we create a 'report blast' or 'bulk' queue for reports to dump mass reports in that don't need to be handled urgently so they do not clutter the other queues. Moderators can then manually remove the that queue from the default list of report queues added in the staff notice bar.

Implementing something like that with the Approval queue would require some work as currently it is just a single unfilterable mess. Letting things accumulate just isn't workable.

It would be great if only logs are displayed whose forums of origin the moderators can also see.

At the moment all moderators can see logs whose forums/threads they can't actually see. This way you get indirect information :(
Are you using content moderators? I haven't heavily tested it with those.

I can move posts to conversation?
But i need at least two posts or two authors? Why?
And i cant copy them?

If this information is true, i suggest:

a) If Peters writes again a log of garbage in a post, i check his post and move it to a conversation (move one! post)
b) this should be also possible if i want to have my own post in a conversation (move one and own post)
c) the same story, but i dont want to delete the post => means i need a radio button (copy one or one/own or more)

O move
O copy

:)

Maybe the idea is that two people have a fight or private discussion and you want them to talk in private about this.
But i also want to send one post to discuss it (there is an add-on from AndyB)
And sometimes i write to the forum for the moderators and then i stop and send it to less people only with a priv. conversation.

This add-on (or any of my add-on's) do not support copying content between conversations

Top Bottom