XF 1.0 Moderation Tools

Every forum system needs a good collection of tools to allow moderators to keep the board running smoothly.

With XenForo, we have looked at how this has been done in the past and come up with some new concepts and standards to make the job easier, such as the placement of the inline moderation checkbox right by thread titles, an inline editor for threads and a control panel that follows you around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

I thought the spam link only showed up for certain users under certain conditions? Selecting multiple posts by different people would be completely different?

I need to re-watch the video.

Not at this point, no.
Ok, no problem, sounds like it's an option for a future version - thanks for considering it :)

The biggest problem with a spam attack is that you have 50+ accounts in 1 hour with 250 to 2500 posts. Having the ability to inline select some threads from various people on a thread list helps clean it up at once, instead of having to do it over and over again :)

*fingers crossed* for making it in to a future version.

The number one use of moderation tools for me is to delete all posts from user and ban. Anything to make that process easier would be a welcome change. I do like everything I've seen so far. Looking real good.

Looks like there are already awesome tools in place.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What I've noticed in this video is that there is a 'thread tools' menu on top of the thread... Is this just for moderators or was it removed later on? I think something like that would be useful for members too, things like 'thread search' and other thread options could be put there.

I've watched the video here and all I can say is awesome (Ive said this a lot lately). I just have one suggestion... in the video on the threadbits you highlight an 'edit' link, which allows you to change the thread title and open/close plus stick/unstick, etc.... Im sure I wont be the only one who double clicks the thread row expecting the same functionality and wondered (for the sake of myself and others) if this could also be implemented... many are now so used to doing this to edit a thread title. just a thought.

The number one use of moderation tools for me is to delete all posts from user and ban. Anything to make that process easier would be a welcome change. I do like everything I've seen so far. Looking real good.
I'm not sure I like that idea. I don't know if there are super admins or that you can permit regular admins to be able to do this and that, this and this... The feature you're asking for seems like a perfect case for "abuse of power."

And there are some situations where I don't want to delete the user's post, just plain ol' ban.

I'm not sure I like that idea. I don't know if there are super admins or that you can permit regular admins to be able to do this and that, this and this... The feature you're asking for seems like a perfect case for "abuse of power."

And there are some situations where I don't want to delete the user's post, just plain ol' ban.
Chances are there are permissions setup to cover any abuse of the feature.

I've watched the video here and all I can say is awesome (Ive said this a lot lately). I just have one suggestion... in the video on the threadbits you highlight an 'edit' link, which allows you to change the thread title and open/close plus stick/unstick, etc.... Im sure I wont be the only one who double clicks the thread row expecting the same functionality and wondered (for the sake of myself and others) if this could also be implemented... many are now so used to doing this to edit a thread title. just a thought.
That functionality is undiscoverable (double clicking on the web is very infrequent) and easy to trigger accidentally.

:D Hopefully that kind of thinking will catch on. I'd hate to see XF have to prove itself constantly, just because it's being compared to "the other guys". XF stands on its own quite well. There really is no comparison.

Having pointed my Mod Team to this thread, they are literally salivating...

I am getting pestered with "when can we have it?" "Please can we play with those toys?" "VBulletin is crap compared to that!"

Great work guys, keep it going and you have another sale guaranteed.

this is one amazing feature. it takes me almost 30 seconds to get rid of a spammer on my current vB installation. there was this awesome plugin named Spam Decimator... it never was upgraded to support vb4!

Having pointed my Mod Team to this thread, they are literally salivating...

I am getting pestered with "when can we have it?" "Please can we play with those toys?" "VBulletin is crap compared to that!"

Great work guys, keep it going and you have another sale guaranteed.
Hehehehehe :D

Top Bottom