XF 1.0 Moderation Tools

Every forum system needs a good collection of tools to allow moderators to keep the board running smoothly.

With XenForo, we have looked at how this has been done in the past and come up with some new concepts and standards to make the job easier, such as the placement of the inline moderation checkbox right by thread titles, an inline editor for threads and a control panel that follows you around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

How do you note the reason for deletion?

Will there be any way for moderators to keep track of what posts/threads have been reviewed and what content is not checked by staff? This would be particularly useful for large boards or boards with a lot of staff. Because it would safe moderators from looking at the same content twice or missing other content.
I'd like to know that as well.

This all looks very nice. I really can't wait to spend a bit of time just playing with it on my own installation. :p

Multiple page moderation is good, but I think it would be better to be able to ALSO see an optional list of the selected threads somehow (click "show selected" and it pops up a list of the titles linked to the threads). If you are on another page, for users who might have second thoughts, there should be an equally simple way to remove an item from the total selection without trying to figure out what pages "X threads" were selected on.

Posted a tweak suggestion here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moderation-tools-whats-selected-in-multi-page.2330/

And again I find myself thinking:
Why hasn't anyone thought of this before? It's so obviously useful!

No wonder this is such a breath of fresh air; we're living outside the box! :cool:

When I saw this video... I thought...'Wow... an overlay... even I can not come up with brilliant ideas like this!' ;). Without kidding... I was already impressed by the frontend. Needless to say I have the same feeling now with the back end. An overlay to get direct access to the tools you need at hand! :cool: Very bright thinking and it shows throughout the whole product, mind you.

(I am sorry (no I am not really, otherwise why do it?) to reference once more to it, but the bitter taste version 4 of a certain product left behind... is completely washed away but what XenForo is presenting here on www.xenforo.com ... indeed such a breath of much, much needed fresh air. I feel happy and excited again using a forum product ... a feeling that the current 2 market leaders can not provide me with.

I can not wait till everything gets released and hearing experiences from fellow board admins who are going to buy it!.

I love the down/up arrows even though I have a wheel mouse, I'm quite sure they'll come in handy

@Abomination: To undo a merge threads, you just split it again :-)

If you soft delete a thread are the attachments deleted or saved?

I also noticed multipage moderation was not very clear for the moderators of where to click to get access to the moderation tools (you had to click the selected threads link for it to come up). Maybe that needs work.

apart from that it looks really impressive! Great work.

Top Bottom