Add-on A chatGPT moderation tool would be a game changer. Is anyone working on this?

sross

Big board moderation is very inefficient, and generally 100% reactionary. I believe AI (chatGPT or others) is plenty capable of stopping certain posts before they start.

One example would be my board rules not allowing any political discussions or banter. Yet we often moderate many of these types of posts daily. AI could detect that someone is making a political post, jibe, banter, or whatever and simply deny it. I think false positives would be next to zero at this point. I think it could even detect passive-aggressive behaviour which is another thing we constantly have to deal with. At the least it could put the suspected violations in a holding queue for approval. Or it could warn and give suggestions for a re-write.

This seems to me where forum tech should be heading.

Cheers

AI could be trained on existing report center and how staff has handled reports as well as the rules and then scan existing and new posts to report potential issues and proposed actions. That could be a base level implementation.

Another area where I can see AI helping out a lot is with conversation rule breaking. Think of things like spam, scammers, stalking, etc. This is something that I truly hate about forum administration. IME if you don't at the very least keep an eye on conversations by suspect accounts then sooner or later things get ugly. Especially on big boards. But if you do keep an eye on it then you pry into private stuff.
AI could report issues that would normally stay under the radar.

I could also see AI fixing up thread titles, post formatting, tagging, prefixing, and all the tedious moderator stuff.

Last edited:
No thanks... go onto social media and then you will have all sorts of trouble posting what you want with this on there.

Top Bottom