XF 1.0 Moderation Tools

Every forum system needs a good collection of tools to allow moderators to keep the board running smoothly.

With XenForo, we have looked at how this has been done in the past and come up with some new concepts and standards to make the job easier, such as the placement of the inline moderation checkbox right by thread titles, an inline editor for threads and a control panel that follows you around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

excellent moderation system. makes a lot of sense to me to have it so straight forward and the most used things so close to hand when you need them. :)

Kier, this is great. I can't wait for this to hit the shelves. This kind of moderation tool is what forums need. Makes things so much easier to manage.

In the video it says "The thread, started by {username} has been deleted". You're missing a comma after {username} - subordinate clause and all ;)

Now pedant mode is off, I LOVE this inline moderation!

How do you note the reason for deletion?

Will there be any way for moderators to keep track of what posts/threads have been reviewed and what content is not checked by staff? This would be particularly useful for large boards or boards with a lot of staff. Because it would safe moderators from looking at the same content twice or missing other content.

And this is why XenForo has a good chance to be a successful operation and viable discussion board solution. I am all about UI speed and easy-of-use and it's apparent that Kier and Mike have made this a priority.

Excellent video and the moderation tools look awesome :)

Just kinda missing "these 5 selected spam threads > process as spam"

(that said, I quite like the idea of having 'move' there too)
There are many forums/sites that moderate the first few posts everyone makes, and the delete is used quite often.

I think the way you have it now is perfect, everything else is 1 mouse click away from the drop down box, at least that is what it looks like.

How do you note the reason for deletion?

Will there be any way for moderators to keep track of what posts/threads have been reviewed and what content is not checked by staff? This would be particularly useful for large boards or boards with a lot of staff. Because it would safe moderators from looking at the same content twice or missing other content.
Will you be able to see a history of moderation actions on a thread or post?

Great questions. Next version of xf?

Top Bottom