1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 Member Card

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Wherever* you see a username or an avatar in XenForo, clicking it will open that user's member card.

The member card is a small summary of a user's profile, showing various commonly-viewed data, such as user title, gender, message count etc. along with the full size (but cropped to square) version of the user's avatar. Clicking on the username or the 'View Profile Page' link will load the user's full profile page.

There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.

Loading the member card rather than the full profile page can take a significant weight off the server load.

Of course, for visitors with javascript disabled, a click on a username or avatar will load the normal, full profile page.

* There are a few instances where a click will go directly to the full profile page, or will load the avatar editor.

Attached Files:

Eagle, ryanrugenus, Saeed and 14 others like this.
  2. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

Awesome - didn't know you could click on the info points to see further detail

it's not quite clear that you need to click on teh number to show the additional detail - wouldn't it make better sense to have this link in the title i.e. "trophie points" is the link rather than "1"
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When I click the avatar when viewing the member card it just closes the pop up.

Clicking the name however does open the full profile page.
  4. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I like it, and really like the style you designed for it. :)

It is so nice to view someones profile (summary, for the card), and stay on the page you were at, :)
  5. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

I absolutely love this feature, for all the reason you've stated, and more. Admittedly, I'm not a social networking junkie, so I don't know if this type of thing is done elsewhere, but to me it's edgy and current at the same time. Nice job!
    Peggy likes this.
  6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I agree.
  7. moojiolu

moojiolu Member

I like this a lot. For me, it's one of those features that makes this software have a very modern feel to it. It certainly helps as most people visiting a profile mostly do it for the same reasons (post a message, view posts etc.) and if this card almost makes it an easier shortcut.

The dark interface is also very sleek and well design. Keep going, guys! :)
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Might make a good suggestion post.
  9. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Agreed I think this is cause by if you click you own profile pic in your own member card it closes the member card and opens up options to change your profile pic...

NOPE that is what it was doing yesterday but today it is just closing :S
  10. majdi

majdi Well-Known Member

it doesn't, it removes the member card
  11. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

Yes I agree with you ! Go on welshstew post a new suggestion thread ;)
  12. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

Done ;)
  13. Deriel

Deriel Well-Known Member

XenForo is getting seriously interesting
  14. Floris

Floris Guest

I thought it would be nice to demonstrate this with another video. I personally really like it that the post is kept clean and the clutter is organized in the member card. Sorry for sounding bit tired on the video :p

(I recommend to right click on the link > save to the hard drive > play with VLC media player)

Dean likes this.
  15. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, that's a bug I've made today... investigating it now.
  16. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

98 little bugs in the code
    98 little bugs
    fix one bug
    compile the code
    99 little bugs in the code....
    Liam W, TWTCommish, Nick and 5 others like this.
  17. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Nice :D
    grit and davadude like this.
  18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

19. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I love the membership card. It would be nice if the user's last activity could also be included in the membership card, instead of having to click through to the profile page to get it.
  20. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's on the cards, so to speak. ;)
    Liam W, SneakyDave, davadude and 2 others like this.