XF 1.0 Member Card

Wherever* you see a username or an avatar in XenForo, clicking it will open that user's member card.

member-card-png.214

The member card is a small summary of a user's profile, showing various commonly-viewed data, such as user title, gender, message count etc. along with the full size (but cropped to square) version of the user's avatar. Clicking on the username or the 'View Profile Page' link will load the user's full profile page.

There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.

trophy-summary-png.216

Loading the member card rather than the full profile page can take a significant weight off the server load.

Of course, for visitors with javascript disabled, a click on a username or avatar will load the normal, full profile page.

* There are a few instances where a click will go directly to the full profile page, or will load the avatar editor.

Attachments

• Member Card.webp
    Member Card.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,276
  • Trophy-Summary.webp
    Trophy-Summary.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,143
Awesome - didn't know you could click on the info points to see further detail

[edit]
it's not quite clear that you need to click on teh number to show the additional detail - wouldn't it make better sense to have this link in the title i.e. "trophie points" is the link rather than "1"

Clicking on the avatar will load the user's full profile page.
When I click the avatar when viewing the member card it just closes the pop up.

Clicking the name however does open the full profile page.

I like it, and really like the style you designed for it. :)

It is so nice to view someones profile (summary, for the card), and stay on the page you were at, :)

I absolutely love this feature, for all the reason you've stated, and more. Admittedly, I'm not a social networking junkie, so I don't know if this type of thing is done elsewhere, but to me it's edgy and current at the same time. Nice job!

I absolutely love this feature, for all the reason you've stated, and more. Admittedly, I'm not a social networking junkie, so I don't know if this type of thing is done elsewhere, but to me it's edgy and current at the same time. Nice job!

I agree.

I like this a lot. For me, it's one of those features that makes this software have a very modern feel to it. It certainly helps as most people visiting a profile mostly do it for the same reasons (post a message, view posts etc.) and if this card almost makes it an easier shortcut.

The dark interface is also very sleek and well design. Keep going, guys! :)

Awesome - didn't know you could click on the info points to see further detail

[edit]
it's not quite clear that you need to click on teh number to show the additional detail - wouldn't it make better sense to have this link in the title i.e. "trophie points" is the link rather than "1"

Might make a good suggestion post.

When I click the avatar when viewing the member card it just closes the pop up.

Clicking the name however does open the full profile page.

Agreed I think this is cause by if you click you own profile pic in your own member card it closes the member card and opens up options to change your profile pic...

NOPE that is what it was doing yesterday but today it is just closing :S

I thought it would be nice to demonstrate this with another video. I personally really like it that the post is kept clean and the clutter is organized in the member card. Sorry for sounding bit tired on the video :p

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/693961/xf_membercard_demo.mov
(I recommend to right click on the link > save to the hard drive > play with VLC media player)

or

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love the membership card. It would be nice if the user's last activity could also be included in the membership card, instead of having to click through to the profile page to get it.

Top Bottom