XF 1.0 Member Card

Wherever* you see a username or an avatar in XenForo, clicking it will open that user's member card.

member-card-png.214

The member card is a small summary of a user's profile, showing various commonly-viewed data, such as user title, gender, message count etc. along with the full size (but cropped to square) version of the user's avatar. Clicking on the username or the 'View Profile Page' link will load the user's full profile page.

There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.

trophy-summary-png.216

Loading the member card rather than the full profile page can take a significant weight off the server load.

Of course, for visitors with javascript disabled, a click on a username or avatar will load the normal, full profile page.

* There are a few instances where a click will go directly to the full profile page, or will load the avatar editor.

Attachments

• Member Card.webp
    Member Card.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,282
  • Trophy-Summary.webp
    Trophy-Summary.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,148
I think a custom node > page > member map > using a php plugin event that checks against cache dir > using usable locations to use maps.google's api to create pins .... would be awesome :D with a trigger for &online=1 to show which members are online now, from where.

oh my god, this is awesome!

Fantastic Feature. I dont know any other Software with a Feature like this, getting so much Information about a user without visiting his "normal" profile Page.

"Marvelous"

Click on their location (Los Angeles, California for me).

Kier, if possibly could you add some icon to let people know that it would be going to an external site? As it is now, it'll be more like an easter egg, and only people who are click happy, or try most links will find it without being told.

oh i see. What about the feature where you can pin a more detailed location like on a street on the google map? And view where others have pinned themselves as well? Or is that not a feature? Got that impression from another post lol

Would be great to have icons there. Also the card will look fresher with icons ;)

I meant a single icon, to show that location goes to an external site.

I like the card as it is, as its very minimalistic, but the map feature is going to end up an easter egg the way it currently is.

I meant a single icon, to show that location goes to an external site.

I like the card as it is, as its very minimalistic, but the map feature is going to end up an easter egg the way it currently is.

It is intended that way so I don't see the problem. IMO adding an icon would make it look less minimalistic and nice.

It is intended that way so I don't see the problem. IMO adding an icon would make it look less minimalistic and nice.

No feature is meant to be relatively unknown, or set there as a surprise that would most people are not going to find. Its just illogical to think that.

Another option would be to differentiate the styling of the location, so that people KNOW that the link is different, and therefore know that it is something that can be clicked. As it is now, it blends with age and gender, which is why I find it to be a usability flaw.

I love it, the only thing I don't like is when viewing a post. I click a username thinking it will take me to the user profile, but it opens the member card. I have to click twice to get to the member profile. I know everyone likes the way now is, is just that I'm always interested into viewing user profile then a summary, when reading a post.

Agreed I think this is cause by if you click you own profile pic in your own member card it closes the member card and opens up options to change your profile pic...
I would love this. I know most people don't click their own picture to edit their own profile pic/avatar, but it just seemed logical for some reason here. I'm getting used to everything being within reach, or just logical clicks to do things.

xenForo -- it's thinking.

Top Bottom