XF 1.0 Member Card

Wherever* you see a username or an avatar in XenForo, clicking it will open that user's member card.

member-card-png.214

The member card is a small summary of a user's profile, showing various commonly-viewed data, such as user title, gender, message count etc. along with the full size (but cropped to square) version of the user's avatar. Clicking on the username or the 'View Profile Page' link will load the user's full profile page.

There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.

trophy-summary-png.216

Loading the member card rather than the full profile page can take a significant weight off the server load.

Of course, for visitors with javascript disabled, a click on a username or avatar will load the normal, full profile page.

* There are a few instances where a click will go directly to the full profile page, or will load the avatar editor.

Attachments

• Member Card.webp
    Member Card.webp
    20.2 KB · Views: 3,277
  • Trophy-Summary.webp
    Trophy-Summary.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 3,143
There are various useful links on the member card, including links to follow or unfollow the user, start a conversation with them, view their recently-posted messages, or see a summary of the trophies they have accumulated.
Just found the Google maps integration - nice touch

Will we be able to define our own forum maps and let users add location pins ?

It's on the cards, so to speak. ;)

Hmmm, I wasn't speaking in a general sense of last activity, I was referring to the actual time/date they were last active ("Last activity: 1 minute ago"). Last activity would basically be in lieu of having "online status".

I think a custom node > page > member map > using a php plugin event that checks against cache dir > using usable locations to use maps.google's api to create pins .... would be awesome :D with a trigger for &online=1 to show which members are online now, from where.

I think a custom node > page > member map > using a php plugin event that checks against cache dir > using usable locations to use maps.google's api to create pins .... would be awesome :D with a trigger for &online=1 to show which members are online now, from where.

^^^ what Floris said :cool:

I totally second that :) This ain't that usefull but it's always funny to see where people comes from (curiosity is a bad default :D).

I want to point out that I have had a few chats with a few people who think this is a privacy concern, but that it is not.
A user has always had the option in a web application to enter their details for their public profile. Therefor, someone always had the option to copy paste that into maps.google.com and get a better visual impression of where someone is. This is JUST a direct link to do that. Ergo: Not a privacy concern.

Just wanted to get that mentioned, because it's a new feature (well.. sorta), and sometimes apparently confuses some people.

Top Bottom