Kier and Mike

jonsidneyb

When I started my forum I think I only visited the Softwares forum four times in three years if memory serves me correctly.

I was too busy in my own forum and really didn't feel the need to go back there very often as I didn't change anything for a very long time. This was a SMF forum by the way.

I visited vB.com a few times and finally decided to move to vB4 for a couple of reasons. After the move I had one crisis after another having never been involved in a software change. I actually ended up reading vB.com more than my own forum for awhile (not a good thing).

In my reading I did notice that a few names kept popping up over and over again. Kier and Mike were a couple of the names I saw mentioned multiple times that they were a large part of what was good about vB. From the posts you could see the members highly regarded these guys.

Well a post appeared about this place so I came and took a look. After being out here a single day I finally understood what all those people were talking about on vB.com. You guys do amazing work at a very fast pace. I think all the positive comments I saw over on vB.com are well deserved.

I can't wait until the doors are open and you guys are getting cash flow. You deserve it. On a selfish note I can't wait until I am able to buy a copy of this for myself.

Awesome post, and welcome to this site. I think you have some valid points, and I hope you find that XF is worthy enough once it comes out to upgrade your community to the next level, by converting to XenForo. Very nice of you to say what you just posted.

When I started my forum I think I only visited the Softwares forum four times in three years if memory serves me correctly.

I was too busy in my own forum and really didn't feel the need to go back there very often as I didn't change anything for a very long time. This was a SMF forum by the way.

I visited vB.com a few times and finally decided to move to vB4 for a couple of reasons. After the move I had one crisis after another having never been involved in a software change. I actually ended up reading vB.com more than my own forum for awhile (not a good thing).

In my reading I did notice that a few names kept popping up over and over again. Kier and Mike were a couple of the names I saw mentioned multiple times that they were a large part of what was good about vB. From the posts you could see the members highly regarded these guys.

Well a post appeared about this place so I came and took a look. After being out here a single day I finally understood what all those people were talking about on vB.com. You guys do amazing work at a very fast pace. I think all the positive comments I saw over on vB.com are well deserved.

I can't wait until the doors are open and you guys are getting cash flow. You deserve it. On a selfish note I can't wait until I am able to buy a copy of this for myself.

Bravo!

My sentiments exactly, well said
01.gif

Thanks, Jon - it's very rewarding for us to see all these happy people using our software, and I assure you were are working flat out to be in a position to sell you a license or twenty :)

Thanks, Jon - it's very rewarding for us to see all these happy people using our software, and I assure you were are working flat out to be in a position to sell you a license or twenty :)

or twenty? either you think we're all rich... or they're going to be cheap :D

or you're joking, but that's less fun

take my word - the system is going to be aggressively affordable
price may surprise a few people

(note: this is only an assumption I am in no way speaking for xenForo)

Whether it is "aggressively affordable" or "competitively priced", there will be quite a few licenses sold as soon as they become available :)

The key between a successful product/software and a 'fly by night' is the customer service aspect of it. In my experience with running organizations that provide customer service to the top companies from around the world (I currently run customer service programs for Wal-Mart, USA Today, The Marines, The Navy, Timelife, Verizon, Home Depot, etc) the difference is the level of service that a customer/client receives.

With that being said, Kier and Mike know how vital to an organization the customer's 'voice' is and they value and respect the comments and concerns brought up by their customer base. It is no wonder that there are nearly 1000 members to this site (and many more 'lurking' and waiting to register) within the first few days of this site's existence.

xenForo will succeed and it's not just because the "code" is great or the site looks "cool", but because the service provided by the company will set it apart from the competitors. :D

My same feelings here Jon, been a longtime vB lurker, then operator since I first saw it used on "theForum" (ninecat and friends ;) )

Top Bottom