iPhone 5

I didn't know that....when I was insulted by their explanation (basically they said I the customer was at fault anatomically for their hardware layout failure) before and I must admit I stopped buying apple products period. Maybe if they admitted that they caused the problem on their own site in the first place and thus opened up a reason to bring up a fix when they did fix it and basically not look like liars I would have known that instead of finding out from you via a link from a third party site which I do thank you for but all the same that was negligence on their part which allowed you to be the one to inform me which again I thank you for. I have the phone call recorded and listen to it when I am showing people who tell me they are going to buy an iphone as I explain why I have stopped supporting the iphone like I used to in hopes that they don't waste their money.
The whole "deathgrip" thing was a massive overreaction.

I got an iPhone 4 the same time as everyone else reporting this "problem", and man, you have to seriously be holding the phone weird to make it happen. I never had problems. Sure, if I picked up the phone, gripped the bottom of it with my life, I'd lose a bar or two, but in normal usage it was fine.

not me..i still have the phone, am still left handed and still have to change the way I hold a phone to use this one.

I hold a phone like I hold any other phone, with my left palm touching the back of the unit and my fingers holding the expensive unit securely.

I lose service completely and have to two finger the phone use it....I am sorry but it is not a cup of tea it is a phone and I refuse to believe it is anything but their fault that I have to adjust my anatomy to use it.

To be fair, iOS devices have never really been on top for CPU benchmarks.

Edit: I slightly agree, though. This may be the first generation of iPhone where the performance increases are barely noticeable to most (if upgrading from an 4S).
I hear the 5 is almost twice as fast as 4S?

So Apple claims. I'll believe it when there are a number of different benchmarks from various independent sources. (iFixIt usually does a pretty good analysis.)
Geekbench numbers are quite impressive

iPhone 4: 370
iPhone 4S: 622
iPhone 5: 1,601 (!)

The numbers speaks for itself, and I'm happy to be getting the iPhone 5 next friday (upgrading from an iPhone 4).

Sources:
The Inquirer
Macrumors

But, in reality, you're unlikely to even notice. The 4S is already quite fast and smooth. And, as performance goes up, apps will rise to fill the cpu with things to do.
If apps rise to demand higher cpu power, that would be another reason to upgrade. The older phones will thus be slower and slower.

Tuesday? Isn't it released on this friday (21st) for some countries and more the friday after? I'm picking it up friday 28th :)

They'll send it to me on that day.
A friend of mine will receive his black phone on 21st and his wife's wife's white phone 1st of October.

I love the back of it how it's the metal like on the sides.. But they could have made it look a little bit unique and not like another 4!

I love the back of it how it's the metal like on the sides.. But they could have made it look a little bit unique and not like another 4!
"If it ain't broken, don't fix it." The iPhone, for better or for worse, has a distinctive look that set a trend among most other smartphones. Apple has little to no reason to change the exterior. (And even then, it's only the front that has remained unchanged. Every iPhone revision since the first has had changes onto both the back and sides.)

480918_439095742801042_218250250_n.webp

Top Bottom