iPhone 5

Went to an AT&T store yesterday and was told I could not order an iPhone until Oct. 30th.

Yeah, I heard they sold out in like under a couple hours. Thankfully, I bought mine around 4am so I get mine on Friday. I'm upgrading from the iPhone 4 w/ a defective home button haha.

I'm gonna be pretty busy now thanks to iOS6. Sometimes when customer's update their phone they lose all their stuff. So you might not see me around for awhile. Pulling overtime. :cry:

I heard they are using thinner glass... I am going to hold off until people start dropping them to see if the glass breaks easier than the iPhone 4. I've dropped my 4 tons with no shattered glass.

I heard they are using thinner glass... I am going to hold off until people start dropping them to see if the glass breaks easier than the iPhone 4. I've dropped my 4 tons with no shattered glass.
That's what scares me about the newer models, I've dropped the 3GS a few times pretty hard which gave it just a few scratches on the plastic. When I look at the 4 or 5 they look nice but more fragile. And chances are you will drop it at least once, so let's wait and see how the 5 compares in this area.

I used my first iphone4 as the first target before a round of trap...i dropped it tons of times from some pretty good distances...but for some reason (mostly to do with me just being "that dude") a fall from 1.5 feet shattered it to all hell.

I wanna see the crash test dummy version of quality control testing done for the i5...even if the phone fails...I will buy one if they produce a video of that that I can download. I know ...stupid and petty.... but soooooo entertaining.

I used my first iphone4 as the first target before a round of trap...i dropped it tons of times from some pretty good distances...but for some reason (mostly to do with me just being "that dude") a fall from 1.5 feet shattered it to all hell.

I wanna see the crash test dummy version of quality control testing done for the i5...even if the phone fails...I will buy one if they produce a video of that that I can download. I know ...stupid and petty.... but soooooo entertaining.
This is the reason I don't own an iPhone. Scared it will shatter even if I got a case.

The question isn't whether it will survive a fall, but will it blend? That is the question.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the reason I don't own an iPhone. Scared it will shatter even if I got a case.
Millions and millions of people get by without shattering their phone every day...myself included. Put it in a rock solid case like an Otterbox Defender or a LifeProof case, and you're pretty safe against most drops...unless you plan on dropping it onto sharp rocks that stick out, or throwing it off a 20 story building. No guarantees there.

I am really excited by this phone.

The screen looks frickin great. Apple puts so much thought into the one thing that you use the most on the phone, and it shows. Perfect colors, great contrast, and the display practically floats on the glass, looking like something right out of Star Trek.

The A6 processor is the first to market with an ARM core that is beyond Cortex A9. The benchmarks of it beating the quad core Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 prove that with the right engineering (in both hardware and software), you don't need to throw more cores at it, just better cores. I've seen a few video reviews online and it looks like the claims of 2x were underestimated. Some of the games I play are loading in less than half the time.

I am seriously considering getting a real Android phone and comparing ...Apples to apples. Pardon the pun. I have an Atrix, it has terribly outdated software though (imagine, a 1 year old Motorola phone has 2 year old software while a 3 year old Apple phone--the 3GS--has brand new software). It's not representative of the best that Android has to offer, so I want to give it a fair shake by getting a top of the line Android. Not sure that they have their priorities straight, though.

Millions and millions of people get by without shattering their phone every day...myself included. Put it in a rock solid case like an Otterbox Defender or a LifeProof case, and you're pretty safe against most drops...unless you plan on dropping it onto sharp rocks that stick out, or throwing it off a 20 story building. No guarantees there.

I am really excited by this phone.

The screen looks frickin great. Apple puts so much thought into the one thing that you use the most on the phone, and it shows. Perfect colors, great contrast, and the display practically floats on the glass, looking like something right out of Star Trek.

The A6 processor is the first to market with an ARM core that is beyond Cortex A9. The benchmarks of it beating the quad core Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7 prove that with the right engineering (in both hardware and software), you don't need to throw more cores at it, just better cores. I've seen a few video reviews online and it looks like the claims of 2x were underestimated. Some of the games I play are loading in less than half the time.

I am seriously considering getting a real Android phone and comparing ...Apples to apples. Pardon the pun. I have an Atrix, it has terribly outdated software though (imagine, a 1 year old Motorola phone has 2 year old software while a 3 year old Apple phone--the 3GS--has brand new software). It's not representative of the best that Android has to offer, so I want to give it a fair shake by getting a top of the line Android. Not sure that they have their priorities straight, though.
I want one.

My little bro took all of my upgrades because he broke all his previous phones. I'm sitting here literally fuming right now.

I'm notorious for breaking stuff but I've never really broke any of my phones so bad that I screwed myself out of an upgrade. My phones last at least 4 years before something bad happens to it and if so that's rare. I'm soooooooo friggin mad right now. If I didn't do Apple Tech Support I wouldn't even be thinking about a damn iPhone 5 but because I hear people gushing about it everyday and constantly seeing all these features I don't have on my own samsung I'm sitting there all envious, straight up getting pissed off...

I'm notorious for breaking stuff but I've never really broke any of my phones so bad that I screwed myself out of an upgrade. My phones last at least 4 years before something bad happens to it and if so that's rare. I'm soooooooo friggin mad right now. If I didn't do Apple Tech Support I wouldn't even be thinking about a damn iPhone 5 but because I hear people gushing about it everyday and constantly seeing all these features I don't have on my own samsung I'm sitting there all envious, straight up getting pissed off...
Apple are pretty good about the contagious features...the ones that get people talking, and give them that "Aha!" moment. There are many imitations, but Apple's UI and design has a certain finesse about it that is not found in the "me-toos". It's why I've never found the same affinity with any other device since the first iPod touch I picked up in 2007. They pay just a little too much attention to detail, and obsess over the same kinds of things that I do when I work. They are like the XenForo of consumer electronics.

Top Bottom