If you were KAM, who would you hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were the developers of xenforo, who would you hire to the company?
Toughy.
Jake for sure.
Coders ... not sure. Probably xfrocks has produced the most significant work. But I'd be happier to see him make his own community software !

When you became mod you said you'd wield your banhammer with justly might. You gave us thread locks instead! LoL

How many bans have you actually handed out so far?

And at least one of them was a known pirate. Banning is part of being a mod, not being everyones best friend.

When you became mod you said you'd wield your banhammer with justly might. You gave us thread locks instead! LoL

How many bans have you actually handed out so far?

Including or excluding spammers :D?

I would get a new set of Developers.. contractors, and keep them on if they are any good.

Getting someone with such experience as Mike (and Kier for that Matter)
and getting someone with the forethought to create high performance forum software with minimum requests and quires (seriously when you look at the competitors, xf is good)... and yet still creating advance features (that competitors then feel they have to also do).. is going to be hard.

Project leads and dev leads obviously contribute significantly to new project versions, but I think it's important for devs (even at a low level) to have ideas of where the future for forum software can be

Oh yeah there has been a ton of spam lately. If your banning them then your ban hammer must be smoking hot.

Outside of spammers, not that many, a few addon / style pirates / warez people. 1 or 2 people who pushed the rules too far. Most of the serial offenders got placed into moderation and left of their own accord. Banning someone is always refered upwards, its not an action ever taken lightly and often involves a discussion with all the mods and a member of KAM.

As for Saturday/Sunday.... well lets just say lawrence and I were clicking that button every few minutes for a couple of hours.

Robbo has strong opinions, that's not the same as trolling, whether you agree with them or not.

I'm fine with strong opinions. They were certainly not that. You have this division between members now and that is something that will remain. Permanently. I'm honestly fine with it now, probably more that I am used to it rather than fine with it. Eitherway for members to be verbally abused and condone it I just think it's downright wrong. Why this is debated is an issue in itself.

Outside of spammers, not that many, a few addon / style pirates / warez people. 1 or 2 people who pushed the rules too far. Most of the serial offenders got placed into moderation and left of their own accord. Banning someone is always refered upwards, its not an action ever taken lightly and often involves a discussion with all the mods and a member of KAM.

As for Saturday/Sunday.... well lets just say lawrence and I were clicking that button every few minutes for a couple of hours.
How do you catch the warez people?

Isn't the next version of xenforo supposed to have better anti-spam features? Man they need to install it here already instead of waiting.
I actually suggested that when the influx started. But, to be honest, it's no better than you can already get with an add-on. Unless they've got something special up their sleeve. Though of course any first party integration is better than an add-on... On that note, why was sonnb's Stop Spam Now add-on removed?

I'm fine with strong opinions. They were certainly not that. You have this division between members now and that is something that will remain. Permanently. I'm honestly fine with it now, probably more that I am used to it rather than fine with it. Eitherway for members to be verbally abused and condone it I just think it's downright wrong. Why this is debated is an issue in itself.

Fair enough, I don't know what you are referring to specifically but from my experience Robbo often comes across more agressive than he is, I think it's a cultural thing. Regardless, I won't get into a debate about who is wrong or right, especially not if it involves a friend as I'd be biased, just trying to give you perspective to whatever infraction you might have had.

Never abused you but ok.. lol. I said you like drama. If that is in some way an insult to you then I apologize, I didn't like drama at school either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom