If you were KAM, who would you hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the guy you want to hire? A xf staffer spending 24 hours with us lot. :LOL:

fuming.webp

I would hire Bob Brisco and then let him clean the toilets of XenForo's office on day one. Then fire his ass day two.
I would never let Brisco touch my toilet.. At the end of day one the bathroom would be missing things (ie:toilet paper, soap) and the toilet would probably end up broke.

I can hear it now, when asking what happened to the toilet? Brisco ~ "Only Plumbers care about toilets."

I would never let Brisco touch my toilet.. At the end of day one the bathroom would be missing things (ie:toilet paper, soap) and the toilet would probably end up broke.

I can hear it now, when asking what happened to the toilet.. Brisco ~ "Only Plumbers care about toilets."

That second part is comedy gold my friend...

**** would be moved all of the place for a more "refined" dumping experience. TP would be across the hall and probably under the towel rack, the sink would be on top of the toliet, and the medicine cabinet would be upside to keep it different than other bathrooms.

digitalpoint would be a fantastic addition, but I doubt he'd consider it.
ragtek is a great developer, as are many others (xfrocks, borbole, Chris Deeming, etc).
Jake has always been great at support, whether here at XF or vBulletin.

That's not to say that they're the only people, there's a great community here between the developers, moderators and members.

digitalpoint would be a fantastic addition, but I doubt he'd consider it.
ragtek is a great developer, as are many others (xfrocks, borbole, Chris Deeming, etc).
Jake has always been great at support, whether here at XF or vBulletin.

That's not to say that they're the only people, there's a great community here between the developers, moderators and members.

I would not nominate Jake for support. He is a really good developer.

He did most of the importers for vBulletin, a piece that seems to work really good, and that requires a lot of detective work and integration with other applications. On top of that, he did an inheritance model for the importers that made extending them really easy.

If XenForo lives on, it will need to pull the people from other platforms. Maybe some vb5 admins will be trying to find a new home, and let's not forget all those other dozen forum systems. It is called long tail, and there is business in catering to the long tail too.

Then again, I don't think XenForo is in a state in which they will afford to hire anyone soon.

He did most of the importers for vBulletin, a piece that seems to work really good, and that requires a lot of detective work and integration with other applications. On top of that, he did an inheritance model for the importers that made extending them really easy.

If XenForo lives on, it will need to pull the people from other platforms. Maybe some vb5 admins will be trying to find a new home, and let's not forget all those other dozen forum systems. It is called long tail, and there is business in catering to the long tail too.

Then again, I don't think XenForo is in a state in which they will afford to hire anyone soon.

I was going to ask that when I put jake down on my list. Can/has jake developed before for software? Is he capable of? judging by his support posts and expertise I assumed he was capable but never did ask. Asking now though?

I can hear it now, when asking what happened to the toilet? Brisco ~ "Only Plumbers care about toilets."

Ice cold playa!
I was going to ask that when I put jake down on my list. Can/has jake developed before for software? Is he capable of? judging by his support posts and expertise I assumed he was capable but never did ask. Asking now though?
Last year Jake helped me convert my vB4 forum over to Xenforo. I had a lot of import issues and he was able to resolve most of them (there was no blog or album importer at the time so I can't knock anyone for that). I offered to pay him and was like nah. He did such a good job I got curious and read up on him and saw these interviews:

Interview With Jake Bunce: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12630

Jake Bunce Reloaded: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89290

His 26 resources are all very helpful too: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/authors/jake-bunce.9/

Even though he hasn't created as many xenforo modifications like digitalpoint and ragtek, I put him a paygrade above those two for his willingness to help and positive attitude no matter what happens.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/member.php/24628-Jerry

Maybe I'm mistaken, but Jerry was the one who developed ImpEx, unless Jake developed it before and handed it off to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom