If you were KAM, who would you hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I barely remember the thread. I just remember something about flipping cheeseburgers, vb5 sucks and feeling bad for Lawrence.

flipping cheeseburgers? :LOL:

I know how you feel on the "feeling bad" I felt bad for brogan having to step down. providing for the community essentially building the foundations of xenforo, making 20,000 posts and treated poorly with zero assistance from anyone.

Ahh i remember now. You went at lawrence. That's why you asked. Well all I can say is um I don't know why I recalled cheeseburgers. I must be hungry. Gonna add bacon.

Ahh i remember now. You went at lawrence. That's why you asked. Well all I can say is um I don't know why I recalled cheeseburgers. I must be hungry. Gonna add bacon.

I never went at Lawrence. The proof is there for all to read, he attacked me. I simply said the sympathy card will work only for so long by that I was referring to the situation that is stopping the devs posting. He took it personally (for reasons I don't know) but I'm not going to hold it against him.

Good to know though that you feel differently puts things in perspective. :)

Brogan just needed a break that's all. Instead of dropping off the face of the earth he decided to go out with a bang like a Jason Statham flick.

I never went at Lawrence. The proof is there for all to read, he attacked me. I simply said the sympathy card will work only for so long by that I was referring to the situation that is stopping the devs posting. He took it personally (for reasons I don't know) but I'm not going to hold it against him.

Good to know though that you feel differently puts things in perspective. :)
Your talking about something that happened in a different thread...

Brogan just needed a break that's all. Instead of dropping off the face of the earth he decided to go out with a bang like a Jason Statham flick.

I guess I'm one of the few that appreciated the work brogan did and won't forget it. Sure, we never seen eye to eye all the time but I respect and admire what he did to make this place better and keep it ticking over whilst still keeping the consistency of moderation control indeed that. Consistent. 20, 000 posts not something I can easily forget personally when the majority of them were helping members posts.

edit: anyway have work to get o with. Carry on. :)

I would not want to be a moderator on this site paid or unpaid. I want to be able to criticize other forum softwares without getting crucified like Lawrence did a couple weeks ago. If its garbage, I'mma call it like I see it without having to use subliminals and defend myself from butt hurt vb fans and trolls.
According to vVv you cant do that without first providing forum support, weather or not you know the correct answer.. Funny he liked your post i quoted since he is so vocal against the the vB thread, and promotes censorship and closing threads that dont relate to his support questions..

Reactions: vVv
And now that I think about it, both of those threads were locked and both of ya'll clashed in em. See that's another reason not to be mod. Mods are quick to lock threads. That spoils the fun sometimes. Ain't trying to be a party pooper or anyone's net nanny. I don't even like moderating on my own site. Screw all that I'd rather play xbox.

I guess I'm one of the few that appreciated the work brogan did and won't forget it. Sure, we never seen eye to eye all the time but I respect and admire what he did to make this place better and keep it ticking over whilst still keeping the consistency of moderation control indeed that. Consistent. 20, 000 posts not something I can easily forget personally when the majority of them were helping members posts.

edit: anyway have work to get o with. Carry on. :)
We all like and appreciate Brogan. Some of us just don't appreciate what he said on adminextra. It was depressing. *shrugs.

flipping cheeseburgers? :LOL:

I know how you feel on the "feeling bad" I felt bad for brogan having to step down. providing for the community essentially building the foundations of xenforo, making 20,000 posts and treated poorly with zero assistance from anyone.
I don't feel bad for Brogan.

I acknowledge he was absolutely awesome. ****ing hell, nearly 20,000 posts. That guy knew his stuff and he was dedicated. I salute him for that.

But I don't feel bad for him. He didn't HAVE to step down.

The place would be a happier place if, like 8thos just said, he bowed out quietly or just took a break and came back. No one would have blamed him for that.

Sadly, it was very public. Ultimately it has led to him tarnishing his reputation, and the poor bloke has had all sorts of rumours attributed to him that completely came from other people. I think people also took a dim view of the whole "I know everything, but I'm not going to tell you and I'm going to cause a crapstorm because Mike is my friend" post. Why cause a crapstorm then? Hardly a useful thing to do in public view of your "friend's" customers.

That being said, if differences were put aside and things moved on, it would be awesome to see him back here.

He seems to like me, I best put on steel under garments .. :)

I liked yours now too, even when it's "picking fight" with me. I already said I don't care people have Off topic convos and such. But nearing 60 pages worth on vBulletin.. and I already posted screen shots of how more Off topic junk gets replies and views, versus actual support replies and views.. come on now lol. It's sad.
It's important to remember that most support threads are solved the same day and usually only take a few replies to get sorted.

I don't feel bad for Brogan.

I acknowledge he was absolutely awesome. ****ing hell, nearly 20,000 posts. That guy knew his stuff and he was dedicated. I salute him for that.

But I don't feel bad for him. He didn't HAVE to step down.

The place would be a happier place if, like 8thos just said, he bowed out quietly or just took a break and came back. No one would have blamed him for that.

Sadly, it was very public. Ultimately it has led to him tarnishing his reputation, and the poor bloke has had all sorts of rumours attributed to him that completely came from other people. I think people also took a dim view of the whole "I know everything, but I'm not going to tell you and I'm going to cause a crapstorm because Mike is my friend" post. Why cause a crapstorm then? Hardly a useful thing to do in public view of your "friend's" customers.

That being said, if differences were put aside and things moved on, it would be awesome to see him back here.
Brogan is like that high school coach that helped you get to where you are...and you got there...but he gave up on you. :(

Would love to have the old Brogan back.

It's important to remember that most support threads are solved the same day and usually only take a few replies to get sorted.

Support here has never faulted. It's still excellent (if it wern't I would def say) and am glad that has never wavered. With Jake doing a brilliant job, chris helping significantly in there and many others rarely does a support thread go unanswered and majority of the time it's responded and resolved in less that a few minutes. Support here has always been excellent and I do hope it stays that way.

I check who's online, and most are shooting to Off Topic, vB5 threads 99.9% of time. Some view my posts, and go back to other's threads or off topic stuff. Hence frustration.

Is there really ONLY 4 here, doing support? Jake, Chris, Adam Howard, and another guy?

That's their perrogative. Not everyone is here to provide support. Some are here to get support, some like providing support, many more - as is their right - want to just come here and discuss whatever they like.

Officially, no one is here to provide support. The only official support is ticket support via a support ticket. Community support relies on the community optionally sacrificing their time to help others. Many more than the people you mentioned do this, but that's on their own terms. Again, as is their right.

Is there really ONLY 4 here, doing support? Jake, Chris, Adam Howard, and another guy?

I can't answer for all, obviously... but if I open a help thread, and don't have an answer, I'm not gonna post. Some may not exactly know the answer to you question, and it takes someone with a bit more skill to get it. I'm not well versed in php, css, the ins and outs of xenforo, but I have ran across many things I can help with, and do as fast and with the best explanation I could. To say only 4 people do support is utter nonsense.

Some have the answers, some don't. I didn't realize you'd like to have 45 replies in your thread saying "Not sure... or I don't know".

He seems to like me, I best put on steel under garments .. :)

I liked yours now too, even when it's "picking fight" with me. I already said I don't care people have Off topic convos and such. But nearing 60 pages worth on vBulletin.. and I already posted screen shots of how more Off topic junk gets replies and views, versus actual support replies and views.. come on now lol. It's sad.
So your saying you have helped more people in the support threads then you have posted off topics replys? Walk the walk or better yet leave the moderating to the moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom