XF 1.3 How to upgrade to XenForo 1.3

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

How to upgrade to 1.3 - Important information and actions to be taken

As XenForo 1.3 introduces many new features and functions, as is typical with a second point release, there are several specific things which need to be considered when upgrading.

Take a backup of the database before you do anything!
See here for how to backup (and restore):...

Read more about this resource...

Please note that in order to keep this discussion thread relevant and informative, off topic and other non-relevant posts will be removed.

The general feedback thread is here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-general-discussion-feedback.67122/

The developers of the add-ons.

It would be impossible for me or anyone else from XenForo to know the status of every single add-on and which versions of XenForo they work with.

I have no idea why you mentioned money?
It doesn't cost anything to check with the developers of the add-ons you have installed, as to whether they work on the latest release.

I'm not sure what the problem is.
I have provided and still am providing support to you.

The question related to add-ons.
The answer is always going to be check with the developers of said add-ons.

ok i never ask support here again only on customer area, it is okay from you??
What on earth is your problem? Brogan gave you the correct advice - to always check with the developers of the add-ons you use before you upgrade. If he said otherwise and you upgraded and there was a problem with one of the add-ons that you use, you'd soon be blaming him for incorrect advice.

If you want to upgrade without checking with developers (and I confess that I do for minor point upgrades but never for major point upgrades - and I always do so on a test site first to be sure) then you can do so, but it is at your own risk.

like i said so all of you want more money, so if i want something more than your meaning mantras, invite me on private conversation i am i wrong???If you official support here your job its to provide me everything i am want, vbulletin support and xenforo are worst, but in free scripts like Mybb and SMF will se best support on every language of worlds, so my advice to you, becouse lots of people not talk and write english language, allow support for all language here.This is not any personal problem between us just friendly conversation but its up to yours ego how you are react for this.

@Lexy.

The support here is good. The support provided by Mike, Brogan and other staff is great. The community here is fantastic too.

I don't understand where this reaction is coming from. There are no further support payments required, so please don't be under that illusion.

Instead of the comparisons to other companies and assumptions that you're not getting support, please declare exactly what it is you need support with and I am certain that Brogan or someone else will answer the specific question you have.

Hi!
I´m running XF 1.2.4 with the Smilie Manager 1.1.2. So before I´m going to upgrade XF to the new version 1.3 I tryed to deinstall the Smilie Manager.
This is not working. I´m getting this Error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Smilie::countSmilies() in /www/htdocs/w00f9740/html/xenforo/library/Milano/SmileyManager/Model/Category.php on line 166

What can I do?

I have uploaded the upgrade files to my FTP server but am getting the following error when trying to log on to acousticonly.com/install:

Takes me to: http://acousticonly.com/install/index.php?upgrade/

Shows this error:
"Fatal error: Class name must be a valid object or a string in/home/content/91/6659591/html/acousticonly/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.phpon line 46"

I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple but having no luck. Thanks in advance for your help.

This very likely indicates that the files have not been uploaded correctly.
I figured as much. Should have gone with my gut and just reuploaded but everything appeared to work properly and I've never had an issue before after dealing with many different sites. I'll try reuploading. Thanks for the quick response.

Top Bottom