1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 How to upgrade to XenForo 1.3

Important information and actions to be taken

1. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Brogan submitted a new resource:

How to upgrade to 1.3 - Important information and actions to be taken

Read more about this resource...

Please note that in order to keep this discussion thread relevant and informative, off topic and other non-relevant posts will be removed.

The general feedback thread is here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-general-discussion-feedback.67122/
    maszd and D.O.A. like this.
  2. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

Hm... From XenForo requirements test script:
    Something has changed in the system requirements?
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those are warnings, not a completely missing dependency. It may not affect anything, but it's hard to guarantee.
    Romchik® likes this.
  4. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

Ok, update was successful.
    Looks like everything is working. Although this is just a test forum.
  5. Brogan

RoldanLT likes this.
  6. Bryan Gilchrist

Bryan Gilchrist Active Member

My upgrade crashed on my beta site... :(

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'display_order' in 'order clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
    5. XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in XenForo/Model/Smilie.php at line 87
    6. XenForo_Model_Smilie->getAllSmiliesForCache() in XenForo/Model/Smilie.php at line 113
    7. XenForo_Model_Smilie->rebuildSmilieCache() in XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php at line 40
    8. XenForo_Deferred_ImportMasterData->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
    9. XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 252
    10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 378
    11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 312
    12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 34
    13. XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 221
    14. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/directory/beta/install/index.php at line 18
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This will likely be from an add-on that has added conflicting data to the DB. I suspect it's smilie related. You may need to revert to your backup and remove the offending add-on (and hopefully it actually removes the DB column it added...).
  8. Brogan

@Bryan Gilchrist, can you let us know which smiley related add-ons you have installed and which one is conflicting so I can update the resource?
  9. Bryan Gilchrist

10. cclaerhout

cclaerhout Well-Known Member

Try to rebuild your xf_smilie table using this query (from XenForo) :
    ALTER TABLE xf_smilie
            ADD smilie_category_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0,
            ADD display_order INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
            ADD display_in_editor TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1,
            ADD INDEX display_order (display_order)
    May be you will have to drop your previous "display_order " field.
  11. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

@Brogan As always an excellent resource. I'm just wondering if it could be improved by adding to it a list of add-ons that 1.3 makes obsolete? Just a suggestion :)
    Andy.N likes this.
  12. Brogan

That's always a subjective issue as add-ons almost always have slightly different functionality so continue to be used.

I prefer to leave it up to the individuals using those add-ons to make the decision for themselves.

A quick look at the HYS threads will make it clear what new features and functionality are coming in 1.3.
    Pereira likes this.
  13. Bryan Gilchrist

I just uninstalled the Smiley Manager, that seemed to fix it.
  14. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Not for me. I will run the queries later.
  15. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

For your custom style folders, these are the new images I've identified so far...

Steve F likes this.
  16. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

why is that? I have a custom design, that was built on 1.2, you are saying it wont work if I upgrade?
  17. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

I think this is true only if you're coming from 1.1
    I have a custom design and nothing happened when upgrading form 1.2 (nor I see what would anything happen since nothing design wise was changed [like the responsive design implementation in 1.2]).
  18. tafreehm

tafreehm Well-Known Member

yes, thats what I was thinking. XF implemented template merge system, specially for this reason. I think author needs to be more specific about this point.
  19. Brogan

Nothing is certain.
    There are changes in 1.3, nothing like as much as 1.2 but you will still need to check.

Unless you revert or merge the changes, it won't work as designed.
    So yes, you still need to check and carry out specific actions.
    tafreehm likes this.
  20. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Any possibility of showing what the "core functions" that are missing are? My servers were working just fine (and passed all checks) on 1.2 but I just got this warning when upgrading to 1.3 BETA 1.