XF 1.3 How to upgrade to XenForo 1.3

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Brogan submitted a new resource:

How to upgrade to 1.3 - Important information and actions to be taken

As XenForo 1.3 introduces many new features and functions, as is typical with a second point release, there are several specific things which need to be considered when upgrading.

Take a backup of the database before you do anything!
See here for how to backup (and restore):...

Read more about this resource...

Please note that in order to keep this discussion thread relevant and informative, off topic and other non-relevant posts will be removed.

The general feedback thread is here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-3-general-discussion-feedback.67122/

This is what the warning says:

The user name or password you entered for area “Restricted” on xenforo.com:80 was incorrect. Make sure you’re entering them correctly, and then try again.
Your password will be sent unencrypted.

As @whynot said... you don't use xenforo.com... you use YOUR domain.
This is what I get when I go to the admin
Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 4.30.38 PM.webp

and to your install

Screen Shot 2014-05-23 at 4.32.07 PM.webp

Hi all,
Wear several dyas with this problem and can not find a solution, it must be something very easy but do not give resolved.
When I try to upgrade from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 or 1.3.2 I get this error, retry and return to retry but all that happens is that it changes the entry 1419-0
I horientar you can solve it?
thank you very much
Code:
Server Error
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '1419-0' for key 'definition_id_style_id'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 1261
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->updateStylePropertyValue() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2431
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertiesFromArray() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2305
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyXml() in XenForo/Model/StyleProperty.php at line 2238
XenForo_Model_StyleProperty->importStylePropertyDevelopmentXml() in XenForo/Deferred/ImportMasterData.php at line 26
XenForo_Deferred_ImportMasterData->execute() in XenForo/Deferred/Atomic.php at line 66
XenForo_Deferred_Atomic->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 256
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 390
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 316
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runByUniqueKey() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Abstract.php at line 34
XenForo_Install_Controller_Abstract->_manualDeferredRunner() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 221
XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/clubkuga/public_html/ares/install/index.php at line 18

Upgrading from 1.3.3 to 1.3.4 and received the following error. I'm uploading files again and will try to run the upgrade process again. We only have a couple of add-ons installed on this site and I did leave them active. If my 2nd upgrade fails I'm going to restore the files, disable the add-ons and try again. Anybody have any other ideas, suggestions or anybody have the same issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 11.43.01 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-07-15 at 11.43.01 AM.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 13
Uploading the files again should resolve that.
If it doesn't download a fresh upgrade .zip and use a different FTP application.

I recommend WinSCP.

Upgrading from 1.3.4 (I believe) to 1.3.5. I'm receiving the following error. Any ideas?

Server Error
MemcachePool::get(): Server [my local IP address] (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection timed out (110)

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. MemcachePool->get() in Zend/Cache/Backend/Memcached.php at line 180
  3. Zend_Cache_Backend_Memcached->load() in Zend/Cache/Core.php at line 303
  4. Zend_Cache_Core->load() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 28
  5. XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->get() in XenForo/Application.php at line 736
  6. XenForo_Application->loadOptions()
  7. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/Application.php at line 928
  8. XenForo_Application->lazyLoad() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  9. XenForo_Application::get() in XenForo/Model/User.php at line 943
  10. XenForo_Model_User->getVisitingGuestUser() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 419
  11. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Upgrade.php at line 50
  12. XenForo_Install_Controller_Upgrade->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
  13. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 346
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/cpgnation.com/htdocs/forum/install/index.php at line 18
I have run through quite a few upgrades with no issues. This is the first problem I have had.

This error occurs even when memcached is stopped.

Last edited:
Upgrading from 1.3.4 (I believe) to 1.3.5. I'm receiving the following error. Any ideas?

Server Error
MemcachePool::get(): Server [my local IP address] (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection timed out (110)
This error occurs even when memcached is stopped.
It would be expected to occur if memcached is stopped... what you need to do is comment out all your cache settings in your config.php and try the upgrade again.

This is rich - it's even in red.

You do realize that if you search for xenforo upgrades - it brings you to this page - https://xenforo.com/help/upgrades/ - which says nothing about making a backup of your database.

Nor does it say anything about checking plugin compatibility - it just says go ahead and upgrade....

Our Forums crashed when we tried to upgrade....

This is rich - it's even in red.

You do realize that if you search for xenforo upgrades - it brings you to this page - https://xenforo.com/help/upgrades/ - which says nothing about making a backup of your database.

Nor does it say anything about checking plugin compatibility - it just says go ahead and upgrade....

Our Forums crashed when we tried to upgrade....
Not all upgrades necessarily require a backup of the database. Typically second point releases e.g. 1.3.4 to 1.3.5 are stability upgrades and generally these should be fine. First point releases e.g. 1.2 to 1.3 do have bigger changes and so it is wise to make a backup of the database.

It's good practice and common sense to make regular backups of your database anyway.

If its important enough information for it to be highlighted in red - and the text enlarged - on upgrades such as this - and if plugin compatibility should be checked on more major upgrades I believe that information should be presented the standard upgrade page.

We do have backups of the database by the way - and we got the Forums back up.

Top Bottom