Happy 2nd Anniversary, XenForo

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Today marks one year since the sale of the first XenForo license, back on October 5th 2010. In the interim, we brought the software to its 1.0.0 stable release in March, and after that our attention switched to gathering the vast amount of feedback from customers and visitors to XenForo.com.

That feedback has resulted in a feature-rich XenForo version 1.1, which contains dozens of new features, improvements and tweaks, all geared specifically to address the needs and wants expressed to us. Several of the changes have already been demonstrated in a series of new Have You Seen videos, including custom user fields,notices, search improvements, thread prefixes and thread prefix management, BB code media improvements and more.

XenForo.com has been running a pre-release version of 1.1 for several weeks now, which has given it a thorough try-out in a production environment. We are pleased with the results, and the reception it has received.

To mark this first anniversary, and because we consider it to be ready for a wider test, later today we will be releasing XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 1 to all licensed customers.

As always with a beta release, there are known bugs with the software and we make no warranty as to its suitability for deployment to a production environment. The release is unsupported, and is made for the purpose of testing, soliciting feedback, and to assist add-on and style developers with their work to ensure that their products are compatible with the new version.

Check back later today to pick up the birthday present!
Happy 2nd Anniversary, XenForo.

I know there was already a thread about this, but it was somewhat early and described the event as a "birthday" when, more accurately, it should be described as an "anniversary" as October 5th marks two years since the first XenForo license was sold.

Although the first year had many reasons to celebrate, some might say that the second year doesn't so much.

But actually against all the adversity, against all the drama, despite all of this, we're all still here with a possible end in sight to the legal battle.

Although the next few months or so still isn't going to be easy, and although there may or may not be tensions elsewhere, I absolutely believe that in 12 months time there'll be another thread like this... perhaps more closely echoing the successes of the first year, and beyond.

Happy Anniversary, XenForo. Long may the awesome software continue in its strengths. And congratulations to Kier, Ashley and Mike with an extra special thanks and mention for Lawrence, Slavik, Jake and Dean for doing such a great job.

(y)

Yup heres to bigger and better in the years to come.. XF Live long and prosper.. The force is strong in you. :D

SpockBlack.webp

Xenforo ...
Live Long and Prosper.

Woww.... 2 years already. I remember sitting here waiting for the release, refreshing every few seconds lol I think I was in the top 10 first purchasers!

I know it is probably hard to celebrate right now for the guys, but I wish them a very Happy Anniversary!

May we all have something wonderful to celebrate in a month's time!!!!!!

I remember being at work, stepping out when it went on sell, buying XenForo in my Nissan Xterra using my cell phone :)

I know it has been mentioned many times before, but a development update from one of the staff members would be nice. Even if it only said "nothing to report".

I know it is best policy to keep silent on things regarding the case, but I disagree strongly that abandoning your company forums is the way forward in this situation.

All that said, happy anniversary xenForo and hopefully many more to come! :)

I know it has been mentioned many times before, but a development update from one of the staff members would be nice. Even if it only said "nothing to report".
I think it will coming soon, the time kier gets back into the swing of things.

- Question close: this is not the subject of this topic - ;)

Happy Anniversary to the best forum software I have used to date. I had been an avid vBulletin supporter since vB2 before XenForo was released. I also had a few years with IPB as well once vBulletin got a little too expensive for me. This software helped renew my passion in creating online communities and almost every single one of my sites uses it in some way.

This past year hasn't been what I expected, but I hope for better times ahead. I look forward to when I'm once again working with my developer and creating some great new addons for this community. Don't let me down XenForo, because no one else does it better.

Happy 2nd Anniversary XenForo :cool:

Here is wishing not just 2 more years, but as many years as you can possible take the project forward. May the developers of XenForo, both current and future ;) continue to live long and happy lives coding this wonderful project :D

Top Bottom