XenForo 1.1.0 Beta 1 - to be released today ! :)

nice photoshop skils to the OP :)

looking forward to playing with the beta tonight

should I day update a live site?

we've been getting nailed with spam, I need to do something

Can't wait to play around with the 1.1 beta code.
Happy 1 year anniversary to xF as well.

Happy 1st Birthday to XenForo, especially to Kier, Mike, Dean, Lawrence, Ashley and Brogan! Well done on the great work you've achieved since the products inception, now where's the download....:) [4:30pm]

Attachments

• balloons_confetti_md_wht.gif
    balloons_confetti_md_wht.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
now where's the download....:) [4:30pm]
Soon... very soon................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!

Use this time to back up your files/databases, and prepare a new directory, new database, and restore (to mirror) your site, and update the mirror's config.php to point to the new database.

That way when it's out in a minute you can upgrade it to test, and see where it might fail. etc

Use this time to back up your files/databases, and prepare a new directory, new database, and restore (to mirror) your site, and update the mirror's config.php to point to the new database.

That way when it's out in a minute you can upgrade it to test, and see where it might fail. etc
I was actually in the process of setting up my dev site again for just that :D I do hope no one plays with their live site on this first.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I swear Kier, you only release stuff when I'm unavailable to play. And here, I thought I'd get some sleep tonight!

I was actually in the process of setting up my dev site again for just that :D I do hope no one plays with their live site on this first.
I do it all the time on vbulletin and will do it with xenforo.

*shrugs*

My sites don't get enough traffic to warrant those extra steps.

I do it all the time on vbulletin and will do it with xenforo.

*shrugs*

My sites don't get enough traffic to warrant those extra steps.
Upgrading a live site before I've tested it scares the crap out of me. Please at least backup your files and your database first...I've seen people lose their whole sites because they didn't.

10434548.jpg

The best change i've seen until now, was to include
PHP:
/**
    * @return Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract
    */
    public static function getDb()
    {
        return self::get('db');
    }
:p

will save several LOC in my installers:D