1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy 2nd Anniversary, XenForo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chris D, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Happy 2nd Anniversary, XenForo.

I know there was already a thread about this, but it was somewhat early and described the event as a "birthday" when, more accurately, it should be described as an "anniversary" as October 5th marks two years since the first XenForo license was sold.

Although the first year had many reasons to celebrate, some might say that the second year doesn't so much.

But actually against all the adversity, against all the drama, despite all of this, we're all still here with a possible end in sight to the legal battle.

Although the next few months or so still isn't going to be easy, and although there may or may not be tensions elsewhere, I absolutely believe that in 12 months time there'll be another thread like this... perhaps more closely echoing the successes of the first year, and beyond.

Happy Anniversary, XenForo. Long may the awesome software continue in its strengths. And congratulations to Kier, Ashley and Mike with an extra special thanks and mention for Lawrence, Slavik, Jake and Dean for doing such a great job.

(y)

Saeed, 8thos, Sadik B and 8 others like this.
  2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

May this next year bring lots of great news and prosperity! :D

MsJacquiiC likes this.
  3. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

It's that time of the year? :)

It's also my mother's birthday on the 5th(It's still 10/4/12 here)

4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Yup heres to bigger and better in the years to come.. XF Live long and prosper.. The force is strong in you. :D

5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

SpockBlack.png
    Xenforo ...
    Live Long and Prosper.

6. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Woww.... 2 years already. I remember sitting here waiting for the release, refreshing every few seconds lol I think I was in the top 10 first purchasers!

I know it is probably hard to celebrate right now for the guys, but I wish them a very Happy Anniversary!

May we all have something wonderful to celebrate in a month's time!!!!!!

Saeed, yavuz, vVv and 2 others like this.
  7. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Happy 2nd Anniversary XenForo.... !!

8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I remember being at work, stepping out when it went on sell, buying XenForo in my Nissan Xterra using my cell phone :)

9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary xenForo! :)

*sits in corner and crosses arms*

10. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary XenForo :) Hope you've take some good resolutions ;)

11. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I know it has been mentioned many times before, but a development update from one of the staff members would be nice. Even if it only said "nothing to report".

I know it is best policy to keep silent on things regarding the case, but I disagree strongly that abandoning your company forums is the way forward in this situation.

All that said, happy anniversary xenForo and hopefully many more to come! :)

Insy likes this.
  12. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

I think it will coming soon, the time kier gets back into the swing of things.

- Question close: this is not the subject of this topic - ;)

13. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary to the best forum software I have used to date. I had been an avid vBulletin supporter since vB2 before XenForo was released. I also had a few years with IPB as well once vBulletin got a little too expensive for me. This software helped renew my passion in creating online communities and almost every single one of my sites uses it in some way.

This past year hasn't been what I expected, but I hope for better times ahead. I look forward to when I'm once again working with my developer and creating some great new addons for this community. Don't let me down XenForo, because no one else does it better.

Saeed and Insy like this.
  14. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Happy Friday, or 2nd anniversary!

Either way, the weekend is almost here!! :)

PS.. :D

kier.png

Do we get some good news soon? :)

ArnyVee and Insy like this.
  15. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

Happy 2nd XenForo :D

16. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

Happy Anniversary...

You know what would be nice... If Mike said "Hi"... :)

Saeed and Insy like this.
  17. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Happy 2nd Anniversary XenForo :cool:

Here is wishing not just 2 more years, but as many years as you can possible take the project forward. May the developers of XenForo, both current and future ;) continue to live long and happy lives coding this wonderful project :D

Insy likes this.
  18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

A chick bursting out of a cake for this would be nice.

Chris D likes this.