My experience - IPB to xenforo

Thanks Marc. Currently I'm still styling Xenforo on local machine. Hoping to move to a live site by the end of this month.

Three weeks on, someone has just asked me about moving over to xenforo. Which has just made me think about it. 3.2 is now on the invision forums and I'll be honest and say it looks well and seems to work well. What am I missing now? Nothing at all! I feel really comfortable with xenforo and for the first time something has pushed me to think "I want more, and I could develop for this".

Three weeks on, someone has just asked me about moving over to xenforo. Which has just made me think about it. 3.2 is now on the invision forums and I'll be honest and say it looks well and seems to work well. What am I missing now? Nothing at all! I feel really comfortable with xenforo and for the first time something has pushed me to think "I want more, and I could develop for this".

I love your forums and count down is also nice. :)

Last year I migrated my VB site to IPB. I now have over 360K posts but am unhappy with the performance and the 'clumsy' way of handling new posts (i.e. 6 new posts = 6 entries on the posts list instead of 1).

I've performed a trial migration to XF and it went like a charm! All I need in order to move over full time is a good front-end (I'm experimenting with Wordpress) which integrates into XF, and a gallery that I can migrate from IPB and integrate with XF. Social Groups are another thing that I'd like to add (not available in IPB yet) when I make the move.

I'm continuing my evaluation of several products to integrate with XF and am happy to assist and hear from others who have solved/are working towards solving these issues.

Gallery is what I'm waiting to move from IPB too :) there are a few interesting one in the work, but I'm particularly waiting for Galleria which seems to be getting quite a hype here.

Hello Marc. I'm also an IPB owner and am seriously debating the move over after continuing to see my numbers go to the pooper. Do you have any analytics data to post of pre and post conversion? Do you have activity stats (number of topics made and replies each day)? And do you have any people complaining of the software switch still?

Hello Marc. I'm also an IPB owner and am seriously debating the move over after continuing to see my numbers go to the pooper. Do you have any analytics data to post of pre and post conversion? Do you have activity stats (number of topics made and replies each day)? And do you have any people complaining of the software switch still?

Dont have any analytics stats as I never used to use it. I can give you some post count data when I return from work. As for users, actually quite the opposite. I would have serious complaints if we moved back.

Would like to see some stats after conversion. I am considering to convert my 2 forums once some add ons on XF will be available.

Thanks Marc.

I'm moving from IPB to XF in a few weeks time, so I'll post some stuff up about how it all goes and how my members react as we move forward with it. (y)

Would like to see some stats after conversion. I am considering to convert my 2 forums once some add ons on XF will be available.

Thanks Marc.

Okais .... Post count has gone up at pretty much the same pace as before, not much change. Same with threads. Bandwidth usage has definately descreased by a lot, and speed increase is noticably better from the offset.

Scariest one, which I never looked at till now is the descrease in spam members joining.

Capture.webp

You can noticably see when we changed over. This is down to xenforo and this modification http://xenforo.com/community/threads/8wayrun-com-xenutiles-tools.9754/ ... Just to note there has been absolutly no decrease in active members signing up.

Would you mind sharing your Google Webmaster Speed and Crawl Stats error details? If not in public then in PM?

Thanks once again. :)

Last update on performance was 10th which shows ave of 7 seconds .... I can tell ya now there was certainly something wrong at that point as my main page (which is slowest due to a modification I have installed) only takes 1.4 seconds, and without the modification on around 0.3-0.4

Other stats.

errors.webp

Looked at the top 10 of these and they are all topics which have been moved from public view by moderators due to content. So they would correctly 403. Would assume the rest to be similar.

stat1.webpstat2.webp

I'm moving from IPB to XF in a few weeks time, so I'll post some stuff up about how it all goes and how my members react as we move forward with it. (y)
Very interested in hearing this. How big is your site? I hope you have Analytics installed already so you can post before and after screens for us :)

Top Bottom