[HA] News Ticker

[HA] News Ticker [Paid] 1.3.1

No permission to buy ($39.99)
Dadparvar updated [HA] News Ticker with a new update entry:

Hot Fix!

Note: If you don't use Breaking News Ticker, or it is working fine although you have SSL, then its not needed to install this update. Its not so important. I updated it just for those who use Breaking News Ticker and it is not working for them because of special settings on their server.
  • Added a new option to Breaking News Ticker to solve the problem in some situations that happens when you have SSL and some other security process and so the BNT stops working.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Maybe it could support also smule in the future? It's a website with videos or audio quite like youtube... http://www.smule.com/recording/mango-la-rondine-icrew-sing-com/470097569_708457239 (is just an example)
I'm not sure right now. (as I also never used that site)
Big updates are stopped until XF2 (and these days I just update my add-ons for improvements and bug fixes if any)
When I back to re-write it for XF2, I'll surely take a look to your request. (anyway, I can't promise anything right now)

Hi there,

Just purchased this add on, one small problem I have noticed is that for some reason the tickers display a date, and a wrong date.

H3Mxxox.png

Any reason why, and how I can fix?

Thanks

Hi there,

Just purchased this add on, one small problem I have noticed is that for some reason the tickers display a date, and a wrong date.

H3Mxxox.png

Any reason why, and how I can fix?

Thanks
Only this ticker shows wrong date? or other tickers has the same problem too?

and start a conversation with me and let me know your site's url and if possible, admin access.

I checked it in local and its working fine. maybe something wrong with your site?

Attachments

• ticker.gif
    ticker.gif
    64.3 KB · Views: 7
Is it possible to have the news ticker displayed on forum view page?
Yes.

There are some pre-defined positions for each of tickers that you can choose, and also there is widget renderer for all of them, so you can show them EVERYWHERE that you prefer, with widget framework. :)

Yes.

There are some pre-defined positions for each of tickers that you can choose, and also there is widget renderer for all of them, so you can show them EVERYWHERE that you prefer, with widget framework. :)
So I need the widget framework to display it on forum view page?

So I need the widget framework to display it on forum view page?
As written in description of resource, these are pre-defined positions (i.e you don't need wf to show tickers in these places)
Different Positions
  • No Where
  • Dedicated Page
  • Forum List Above Nodes
  • Forum List Below Nodes
  • Above Sidebar
  • Below Sidebar
  • Above Breadcrumb
  • Below Breadcrumb
  • Above Footer
  • Below Footer
  • Above Header
  • Below Header
For any other places, although its possible but you need WF to show them anywhere you like.

As written in description of resource, these are pre-defined positions (i.e you don't need wf to show tickers in these places)

For any other places, although its possible but you need WF to show them anywhere you like.
I understand that, hence my question. I wanted to show news ticker related to stock exchange news in the investment forum. Since forum view was not listed in your predefined locations I was wondering how to go about showing it for that particular forum only.

I understand that, hence my question. I wanted to show news ticker related to stock exchange news in the investment forum. Since forum view was not listed in your predefined locations I was wondering how to go about showing it for that particular forum only.
In that case, you can use WF and then set some conditionals to show the ticker in particular forum (although you can also edit template and add codes directly in it, but when there is easier way, this is not recommended)

if you needed any help, you can use support forum and feel free to ask any question to get the things as it must.

Last edited:
@Dadparvar, This add-on Require [bd] Widget Framework? I getting error via (xen-pro.com)You do not have permission to purchase products.
No it is not required. But if you have wf, you will be able to use its widgets. as it as has 1 widget for each ticker design. (so far: 8 tickers => 8 widget renderers)

Anyway, even without widget framework, I defined multiple locations plus a dedicated page for it.
  • Dedicated Page
  • Forum List Above Nodes
  • Forum List Below Nodes
  • Above Sidebar
  • Below Sidebar
  • Above Breadcrumb
  • Below Breadcrumb
  • Above Footer
  • Below Footer
  • Above Header
  • Below Header

About the site, you should verify your xf license to purchase addon from there:
https://xen-pro.com/license/

Oh, Demo/buy link used (xen-pro.com) from XF buy now link (sellfy.com), What the best place for purchase ? and getting notification for new update? I am now watch This Resource for when Ramadan promo code available.

Dadparvar updated [HA] News Ticker with a new update entry:

Swift Ticker Updated!

added to Swift Ticker Social:
  • Google+ added to supported sources (new field)
Swift Ticker updated (all 3 swift tickers) :
  • start/stop on hover system overhauled
  • fixed: facebook image fetching for link elements
  • improved RSS images recognizing
  • fixed: initial BR stripping
  • fixed: twitter date parsing in IE
  • updated Soundcloud fetching system...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like an option in the users (privacy) settings to enable/disable the news ticker in the next version if possible? (So that a user can disable the news ticker in his forum profile)
this is coming in 1.3.0 (maybe tonight)

Attachments

• nt-ap.webp
    nt-ap.webp
    46 KB · Views: 5
@Dadparvar any chance of implementing this 'forgotten' feature? (for Breaking News Ticker) I have few other content types which don't have RSS and I want to include those content links with title in custom news, can we have both RSS and custom news working together please?

custom news.webp

Top Bottom