Group membership moderators

Group membership moderators 2.2.1

No permission to download

Mr. Jinx

Mr. Jinx submitted a new resource:

Group Membership Moderators - Add group membership moderators to your forum

This XenForo 2.0 addon will make it possible to assign 'Group Moderators' to your forum.
A group moderator is able to view / add / remove members from selected groups.
This permission can be assigned to existing moderators as well as regular members.

Features
  • Give any member or moderator the 'Group Moderator' role for selected groups
  • The group moderator can view / edit / remove members from a group
  • Administrators: Extra option in the admin panel, within...

Read more about this resource...

I searched for such an addon for a long time.

Suggestion: instead of adding Single users the group moderator role, let us adding the role to user groups. This would be easier for handling, because then no ACP access is required anymore to add or remove user to/from user groups.

I really like this AddOn because you can prevent other staff members from accessing the ACP but still change their groups.
Looking forward to buy this.

Mr. Jinx updated Group Membership Moderators with a new update entry:

[2.0.4a] Maintenance release

• This small update provides full compatibility with XF 2.1
  • 'remove'-icon was not visible in XF 2.1
  • Added tooltip to 'remove'-icon
A bigger update is in progress which will add the following functionality: Add a complete group to moderate other groups + add moderation logging + small bugfixes. Unfortunately this update has been delayed.

If you purchased this addon, you should receive a download link shortly.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Maybe, but isn't that the same functionality as the addon 'Social Groups' ?

This one that you linked has much more features than most of us need ("us" beeing the guys who used that feature in vB and migrated to xF). To me the "Social Groups" would be overkill, I just need a way a user could request to join a usergroup and that request could be (or not) moderated. "Simple" as that :)

Maybe, but isn't that the same functionality as the addon 'Social Groups' ?
no... AFAIK Social Groups "close" every group in a fence and it includes features like events and other things I think that is better to have as "full" addons. Your addon, instead, can be used in a different degree to have a different type of "social groups",

Using your addons admins will be able to use standard usergroup permissions make them easy to integrate with different 3rd party "full" addons (like calendar/blog) but with some limits, for example admins will have to manually create and configure the usergroups in case someone wants to create a new one... but I don't see it as a limit because I think is better to have control over the creation of social group/clubs otherways.

Thanks for clearing that up @Kintaro and @Deriel , I just wanted to make sure something like this didn't already exist in a current addon.
I'll put it on the wish list. Depends on how much work this going to be, but sounds good!

I'm getting this error when trying to install it to Xenforo 2.1

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Trait 'SV\Utils\InstallerHelper' not found
  • src/addons/NF/GroupModerators/Install/Data/MySql.php:9
  • Generated by: Lum
  • Feb 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(45) "/admin.php?add-ons/NF-GroupModerators/install"
["referrer"] => string(68) "https://brokenforum.com/admin.php?add-ons/NF-GroupModerators/install"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/NF-GroupModerators/install"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["_xfProcessing"] => string(1) "1"
["continue"] => string(1) "1"
["confirm"] => string(1) "1"
["params"] => string(2) "[]"
["count"] => string(1) "1"
["finished"] => string(1) "0"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "****"
}
}

Please try again.
If you download the new archive, it should now contain upload\src\addon\sv which was missing.

Users added specifically through this addon do not inherit the group's username CSS. That's an issue as the group has to be removed and re-added for the username CSS to apply, making the addon as it stands pointless unless the issue is on my end and this addon isn't compatible with Colored Username Everywhere.

I have not heard of this problem before, so probably some incompatibility between this addon and 'Colored Username Everywhere'.

Top Bottom