Fixed  Google+ / Google +1 button issues

On Google's new Plus page (plus.google.com) is says "We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon."

I know this is referring to their Google+ "Social Networking site" but this could be affecting the +1 button.

It's still early days for Google Plus, and they've already had to stop people from signing up, even if they've received the invitation email (Like myself).

Tried the +1 button on a few websites, some work, some don't. My personal XF site +1 button isn't working and neither is the one on this site.

Would be great if Plus can be a success for Google, they don't have the best reputation for creating this kind of system, I just hope they can change the view of so many 'haters'.

-Dan.
Google +1 is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Google plus.

they are technically not related.

+1s to google plus posts and comments are different from +1 to web pages.

+1s to web pages are factored in search engine rankings.

+1s to comments and posts are used to gauge the popularity of that content/user.

google +1 button is probably running from a totally different infrastructure. but one thing is for sure... the problem with xenforo is affecting both services.

google +1 button is not working on xenforo pages.
google plus platform is not able to extract information from xenforo pages.
screenshots showcasing the problem in the first post of the thread.

Even when trying to add a link in the google plus activity stream, can't get a xf link to appear. Just doesn't want to recognise any xf sites

Every XenForo site I tried +1 button on, this does not work.

I can +1 from Google Plus, I can +1 on search results pages. This is currently a XenForo issue, nothing you can do to sugar coat that I'm afraid.

I know that XenForo can only work with the API's Google gives them, and Google possibly changed thier API, but to say that this is a Google issue when +1 is working on TechCrunch.com, also on Google.com search results and on Google Plus is a little silly.

Has anyone thought that it may be down to the 'code optimizations' to XenForo's implementation of the +1 button which is causing this?

I don't believe anyone is trying to sugar coat it.

When it was first reported, it was working on some XenForo sites and not others, and was also inconsistent between users on the same sites, thereby pointing towards a Google issue, rather than a problem with the way it has been implemented in the software.

As time has gone on, it appears increasingly likely that the API has been updated, and the specific implementation here which has been optimised to avoid page loading being affected, no longer works with the updated API.

Would like to report that I'm using 1.0.2 and I get this message "Could not load website" in Google+
Google issue or XenForo, I know this will get worked out. Super smart people on both teams ;)

so I had 4 votes from my home page, my account was one of them
I clicked the button just to see if it was working (I had issues with another google account)
and since I had already voted, it took my vote away, now I have 3 and when I try and vote again (even after refreshing the page) I get the red ! point..lol

I'm removing the google +1 thing, it has to many bugs to be in production afaic

I'm removing the google +1 thing, it has to many bugs to be in production afaic
I think I'm going to remove it from xenforo.com for now too, it's impossible to work with a system that works flawlessly for a month and then spontaneously breaks with no warning of explanation.

Mike and I will continue to try to work out why it has suddenly stopped working.

Top Bottom