Fixed  Google+ / Google +1 button issues

It appears to be a Google issue.

There's not much that can be done, unless it's related to a changed API.

Hm, it's really strange.

I have the problem too, and i checked the page, which google shows after the error
  • Server timeout: Check your Internet connection and try refreshing the page.
  • Blocked profile: If your profile has been blocked, you won't be able to +1 content.
  • Apps user: Check with your domain administrator to see if Google Profiles is enabled.
But point 2 & 3 are IMHO ok and it's also no timeout because i'm getting this response from google

Code:
[  {  "error": {  "code": 400,  "message": "Cannot confirm a connection that was not proposed.",  "data": [  {  "domain": "global",  "reason": "badRequest",  "message": "Cannot confirm a connection that was not proposed."  }  ]  },  "id": "pos.plusones.insert"  } ]

Also i wasn't able to find anything about this error in the internet.
Only "useful" page was a german drupal community, where they have the same problems ( http://www.drupalcenter.de/node/36111 )

Yeah, it happens on XenForo.com here now as well. Glad to see it's not just my site, and that we have some more feedback from other users. I am sure after the weekend XL will have some time to look into this.

I think it's important to remember that they can only use what Google Inc has provided as tools, and that Google +1 is a developing new feature for Google Inc.

At least Google had the courtesy to code the button in such a way that if the system is down or broke it doesn't drag down a site using it. When Facebook has issues, it seems to make a page hang, IIRC.

strange because from what i have read, google button is the slowest of the lot (twitter, facebook). it can add 2 seconds to the overall page load time on your site.

in my own experience, google +1 is the last button to load of the three.

strange because from what i have read, google button is the slowest of the lot (twitter, facebook). it can add 2 seconds to the overall page load time on your site.

in my own experience, google +1 is the last button to load of the three.
I have heard that as well. Can't say that I have ran into this. It may be a touch slower but I haven't experienced the 2 second delay.

On Google's new Plus page (plus.google.com) is says "We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon."

I know this is referring to their Google+ "Social Networking site" but this could be affecting the +1 button.

It's still early days for Google Plus, and they've already had to stop people from signing up, even if they've received the invitation email (Like myself).

Tried the +1 button on a few websites, some work, some don't. My personal XF site +1 button isn't working and neither is the one on this site.

Would be great if Plus can be a success for Google, they don't have the best reputation for creating this kind of system, I just hope they can change the view of so many 'haters'.

-Dan.

Top Bottom