Fixed  Google+ / Google +1 button issues

For what it's worth, the Google+ issues are not new to 1.0.3 - this site is still running 1.0.1 and get the Could not load website error on Google+.

Sorry, can't help but point at you trolling

That other conversation was about adding/removing the feature.

Kier in this thread mentioned he is enabling/disabling the existing feature. He's not talking about pressing backspace in the source code.

If you want to laugh (eh .. giggle) at others, at least get it right.

It isn't at all.

I know of other sites (not related to XenForo) who have stopped using it until the bug has been figured out.
I based my post on the fact that if I try to link to any XF powered forum via the Google+ Stream it doesn't load the website, but any other site it loads fine.

Can you link me to another site (non-XenForo) that struggles to be retrieved by Google+?

It isn't at all.

I know of other sites (not related to XenForo) who have stopped using it until the bug has been figured out.
Can you name or PM me a few examples, comparing code, or talking to other admins can help.

would just like to mention it here that the api changes are not causing the problem. i am using a browser extension that lets me give a +1 to a web page. and even that fails here. i wish google +1 button had a support forum where i could have posted this bug. i did submit a bug report through google+ highlighting that plus is not accepting URLs from xenforo powered forums.

Sorry, can't help but point at you trolling

That other conversation was about adding/removing the feature.

Kier in this thread mentioned he is enabling/disabling the existing feature. He's not talking about pressing backspace in the source code.

If you want to laugh (eh .. giggle) at others, at least get it right.
Floris it's well known that you have some deal with me.
Don't read my post if they bother you.

My reply was valid in both cases.
It wasn't trolling at all.

You can comment on my profile if you have an issue with my post, no reason to hijack a thread for your own enjoyment ;)

Floris it's well known that you have some deal with me.
Don't read my post if they bother you.

My reply was valid in both cases.
It wasn't trolling at all.

You can comment on my profile if you have an issue with my post, no reason to hijack a thread for your own enjoyment ;)

Your dig added nothing to this conversation either, just sayin' (since you're accusing someone else of hijacking the thread). And opinions can't be invalid anyway -- that's the notion of an opinion.

Anyway, seems to be working fine for me now.

understood, only defending myself and I'll not say another word on that subject ;)

My point was in both threads that the google+ is very new and I would hold off on having in the source code but it was easy to turn off, we'll see how it plays out.
I do hope it works like it should, I'm definitely not opposed to social networking sites, in fact I'm rather in favor of the integration :)

Sure, jump in this thread, give attitude, and then when someone replies, make it personal. Nothing new there!

But whatever, if you're not trolling _please_do continue. I will go back to ignoring you "making it personal"

i did not get you... displaying the button is not the problem here. xenforo pages are simply not getting accepted by google+ and google +1 button.

Even then it's inconsistent as my "home" Page works (http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/home/) but my other Pages don't (http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/2011-race-hub/).

The only difference is my home page is a 301 redirect from the domain root.

It's most odd and makes no sense at all.

That's very odd, I was wondering if it might have had something to do with the URL structure Google +1 was trying to grab. Your homepage (where it works looks like this).
Code:
http://cliptheapex.com/community/pages/home/

I tried clicking it on your forum board main-page next and it's broke, but oddly you have a very basic and clean url there, no fancy rewrites with ID included or anything. Just this only below!
Code:
http://cliptheapex.com/community/

That really is strange indeed.

Top Bottom