GoodForNothing Four Oh! Four 1.1.2 Beta 1

No permission to download
Thanks.
In desktop mode its ok:
Untitled.webp
But as you see below, while using mobile version, the image goes out of window:
Skitch.webp
Any opinion will be appreciated.

I think I have a good idea, but unfortunately no coding experience to implement it. :confused:

For those of you versed in HTML, it is probably a very simplistic copy/paste operation...

How about: Adding a Search Box to Your Custom 404 Error Page?

Not knowing (much of) anything about coding, here is what I tried:

I found this in the gfn404_error template:
HTML:
<xen:edithint template="gfn404_error.css" />
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XenForo" lang="{$visitorLanguage.language_code}" dir="{$visitorLanguage.text_direction}" class="Public" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>

And revised it to:
HTML:
<xen:edithint template="gfn404_error.css" />
<!DOCTYPE html>
<form action="http://www.google.com/search" name="searchbox"
  method="get" style="margin-left: 2em;" />
  <input type="hidden" name="hl" value="en" />
  <input type="hidden" name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1" />
  <input type="hidden" name="sitesearch" value="intuitive.com" />
  <input maxlength="256" size="40" name="q" value="" />
  <input type="submit" value="find it" name="btnG"
    style="font-size:75%;" />
</form>
<br />
<html id="XenForo" lang="{$visitorLanguage.language_code}" dir="{$visitorLanguage.text_direction}" class="Public" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>
Notice: Revise intuitive.com to your own domain name.

Which resulted in this...
Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 2.08.25 AM.webp

Can someone who has knowledge of HTML, give a proper example of how to best accomplish this?

Last edited:
Hi!
I'd like to use your logging feature, but I would prefer it if the navigation, layout etc. of my forum stayed the same. How can I edit the template in order to achieve this?
Thanks for your reply :)

Is it possible to turn off the 404 logging when you don't want it?

It would be useful to have on for short periods to monitor, but long term, I wouldn't want the database being written to for every 404...

Very nice! Is there a way to display the 404 error within the framework of the rest of the site, like the default error message, but keep the error log?

Very nice! Is there a way to display the 404 error within the framework of the rest of the site, like the default error message, but keep the error log?
You'll have to edit: /library/GFN404/Listener/FrontController.php and comment out the lines 47 and 48 which are:
PHP:
$viewRenderer = new GFN404_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic($fc->getDependencies(), $fc->getResponse(), $fc->getRequest());
$viewRenderer->setNeedsContainer(false);

Thank you! If this fixes my redirect issues (which I think it will) you have a donation coming your way :)

You'll have to edit: /library/GFN404/Listener/FrontController.php and comment out the lines 47 and 48 which are:
PHP:
$viewRenderer = new GFN404_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic($fc->getDependencies(), $fc->getResponse(), $fc->getRequest());

Hmm, seems to have shifted everything on the page (both admincp and site pages) down roughly 13px from the top of the viewport.

Great Add-On. where can we edit the page that shows up... I would like to have the "back" button removed and even put some txt on this page :)

I used notepad on windows and filezilla. I'll try to SSH in and edit the file directly.

Hey Joe, did this work for you?

We've been getting a lot of 404's since our conversion to xf. I want to get a better idea of our 404's (logging them in a clean interface) but don't love the thought of totally changing the design of the 404 page. So, if we can implement the logging without changing our 404, that would be awesome!

PHP:

UPDATE: Doing this using Filezilla opening up into Notepad++ worked PERFECTLY!

I've now got 404 tracking, redirects, and my default 404 page!!!

I'm really happy about this. My only question now is how efficient this addon will be on a very busy site with a TON of redirects???

Top Bottom