GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

Remember the developer of MicroCart, MicroClassifieds etc etc, he fleeced everyone at vBulletin then came here and fleeced everyone. GFN is a student I believe, he has a great addon but just needs to communicate. Even just one post saying I am coming up to exams so studying for the next x months etc

This is basically exactly what I'm looking for but I'm not willing to waste money on something that isn't being worked on.

There really isn't any other viable solution? I have looked into the other marketplace/classifieds/trader add-ons available here but they aren't what I'm looking for. Can't a reliable developer make this? I know there was another one in progress that they decided to keep private.

Who wants to come together and sue this guy or at least get him in trouble? (jk but that's how I feel). Just finish the last set of bugs dammit!

Someone definitely needs to take this over... I'd gladly pay for another license again to get this wrapped up.

Seems everyone that touches this concept flakes out in one way or another.

I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been marked as "unmaintained" yet. Would be sorry to hear about more people forking out cash for this add-on, or anything related to this developer.

He hasn't posted in this thread since the 23rd of May/121 days ago and isn't offering any support for any of his add-ons. This add-on hasn't been updated since the 5th of March/189 days ago.

Last edited:
I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been marked as "unmaintained" yet. Would be sorry to hear about more people forking out cash for this add-on, or anything related to this developer.

He hasn't posted in this thread since the 23rd of May/121 days ago and isn't offering any support for any of his add-ons. This add-on hasn't been updated since the 5th of March/189 days ago.
This is marked as unmaintained. I think all his other addons should be marked the same or even removed. After burning the community multiple times it's time to take action.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    41.7 KB · Views: 13
This is marked as unmaintained. I think all his other addons should be marked the same or even removed. After burning the community multiple times it's time to take action.

That's great news. It doesn't say from the discussion view, so I didn't realize that it had already been done. GJ XF.

Yes, just to give people a warning/heads up. Not sure about removing them though....seems a bit harsh.

That's great news. It doesn't say from the discussion view, so I didn't realize that it had already been done. GJ XF.

Yes, just to give people a warning/heads up. Not sure about removing them though....seems a bit harsh.
Agreed it is a bit harsh but an example needs to be set, otherwise others will do the same. Come here collect money and then abandon the project. This is prompting a few xf users I know to drift away from xf.

I would love to see another developer take this over. Please, someone, complete this project!

Yeah you need to convince the dev to give over the rights to his code first, which isn't very likely.
So it's going to have be be recoded from scratch, which may be just as unlikely given his close XF2 presumably is.

I know @DragonByte Tech did a classifieds system for vb, so perhaps they'd make one for xf?

This one seems dead though. I agree it doesn't seem likely that he'd give the code to someone else, but one can always hope.

Screw him. He took my money and disappeared. I'll do what I want with his code if he doesn't come back and finish as promised many times.

Top Bottom