GoodForNothing Classifieds [Paid] [Deleted]

The current possibilities are:

1) Users can only rate other users when a classified is marked as complete.
2) Users can rate other users openly.

What I propose is a third possibility where users can openly rate other users but only if they specify a classified item. My community usually post classifieds with several items, for example, they post 10 watches available for sale. In the current status of the product, they would have to create 10 different classifieds in order to receive ratings. The suggested change would allow them to post only one classified and be able to receive several ratings associated with it. The risk is still there but it would be more manageable because each rating would be associated with a specific classified. What do you think?
I think this could allow a lot of fraudulent ratings and I would not use an open rating system on my forums. I believe all user ratings should be tied to a classified that has been completed between 2 people.

Can anyone suggest me a good "TOS" for classifieds? :D

I think this could allow a lot of fraudulent ratings and I would not use an open rating system on my forums. I believe all user ratings should be tied to a classified that has been completed between 2 people.
Fraudulent can also occur if the admin wants to open up the rating system. I think it's logical to include this mechanism for those who wants it.

But what about listings that include more than 2 people? For example if someone wants to buy more than one of the same item and they buy it from 3 different people? Or if someone has 3 of an item to sell?

Can anyone suggest a better placement for the price information? The bottom right of the image doesn't seem to make much sense currently. I'm thinking maybe in big bold letters on the same line as "Contact Advertiser" button. Maybe float the button to the right, and have the price information on the same line to the left?

Also, is it possible to make the no_image.png image to take up the same space that a gallery image would. That way all the layouts are the same

Last edited:
I want to charge users for "for sale" ads only. (In other words, they have to pay to sell only).

I want wanted and exchange ads to be free.
How can I do this? Can I set a certain package to permanently be assigned to the wanted and exchange categories?
If so, how?

Also, the fee packages - I want to set them for users who have certain secondary groups.
Is that possible?

Can anyone suggest a better placement for the price information? The bottom right of the image doesn't seem to make much sense currently. I'm thinking maybe in big bold letters on the same line as "Contact Advertiser" button. Maybe float the button to the right, and have the price information on the same line to the left?

Also, is it possible to make the no_image.png image to take up the same space that a gallery image would. That way all the layouts are the same

This can be canceled. I was able to modify the templates and CSS myself to remove a lot of stuff, and move the stuff around where it needed to go.

End result is listings with no image are now identical to listings with images layout wise. Removed the thread thumbnail when gallery is being used and removed the prefix also and placed the advert type at in place of the prefix. Moved the social icons and hid some of them as well.

Demo: http://ohgunowners.org/classifieds/baby-desert-eagle-40-cal.13/
No image: http://ohgunowners.org/classifieds/taurus-raging-bull-454-cassul.15/

I want to charge users for "for sale" ads only. (In other words, they have to pay to sell only).
Currently, the packages are not directly associated with advert types, so setting something like this will be a bit tricky at this moment: like having sub-category, associated with the advert type "For Sale" only and a paid package to go with that category.

It has been suggested to associated packages with advert types and it is in my to-do list.

Also, the fee packages - I want to set them for users who have certain secondary groups.
Is that possible?
When setting up packages, you can select which user groups can use the package when creating a classified.

Sweet tags support!

Also, is there a way to allow users to view the comments tab if there are no comments without getting the no permission error?

And is there a place we can edit the automatically created new thread template?

Thanks, i've got this customized a lot to meet my needs but just need some small help with these few items here :D

Currently, the packages are not directly associated with advert types, so setting something like this will be a bit tricky at this moment: like having sub-category, associated with the advert type "For Sale" only and a paid package to go with that category.

It has been suggested to associated packages with advert types and it is in me to-do list.

There is nothing to be gained by charging users who WANT items. They are customers for the sellers. The sellers should be charged.
That is why I was hoping there was some way to disable the package for the wanted and exchange categories.
The only other way to deal with this is to place sellers only in this classified system, and wanted and traders in forums.

When setting up packages, you can select which user groups can use the package when creating a classified.

Yes, but are these secondary or additional groups, or primary groups?
Everyone starts on my forum as registered, then additional groups are added when people get a certain number or posts, or make a donation.
The users who are charged the least should be active users who donate (that is two groups - actives and donors).
Is this possible?

Yes, but are these secondary or additional groups, or primary groups?
Everyone starts on my forum as registered, then additional groups are added when people get a certain number or posts, or make a donation.
The users who are charged the least should be active users who donate (that is two groups - actives and donors).
Is this possible?
Yes, the system checks both the primary and the secondary groups.

There is nothing to be gained by charging users who WANT items. They are customers for the sellers. The sellers should be charged.
That is why I was hoping there was some way to disable the package for the wanted and exchange categories.
The only other way to deal with this is to place sellers only in this classified system, and wanted and traders in forums.
Yes, I understand your point. But the system cannot differentiate between different between advert types and will soon be implemented. :)
But for the time being, you can create a sub-category called "For Sales Only" where the only advert type available is the "For Sale" advert type and the only package(s) available are the paid ones. So when a user wants to create a "For Sale" classified they have to pay for the submission.

Also, is there a way to allow users to view the comments tab if there are no comments without getting the no permission error?
Yeah, I'll have to work on that...

And is there a place we can edit the automatically created new thread template?
There are two phrases that you have to change:
Code:
classified_message_create_classified_with_tagline
classified_message_create_classified

If it doesn't get changed In an official release I can share my edits. I'll have to go through and gather them as I've made quite a few other changes to the classifieds templates to to make it a little less sloppy. But so far this classified system is pretty great and has a solid core. Just needs a little polish.

Yeah, I'll have to work on that...

Its okay, I changed the link so it merely links back to the listing overview with # unless there are comments then it will link right to the comment page, and disabled the "Discussion" tab so all comments are left directly on the classified itself and not in any thread that gets generated.

HTML:
        <xen:if is="{$totalComments}">
            <li class="classifiedCommentTab {xen:if "{$selectedTab} == 'comment'", active}">
                <a href="{xen:link classifieds/comments, $classified}">{xen:phrase comments} ({xen:number $totalComments})</a>
            </li>
            <xen:else />
                        <li class="classifiedCommentTab {xen:if "{$selectedTab} == 'comment'", active}">
<a href="{xen:link classifieds, $classified}#">{xen:phrase comments}</a></li>

</xen:if>

Top Bottom