Gift User Upgrades [Paid] [Deleted]

Sumo

Sumo submitted a new resource:

Gift User Upgrades (version 1.0.0) - Allows members to buy upgrades for other members.

Gift User Upgrades allows your members to easily purchase upgrades for other members.

Features:
  • Choose what groups may and may not be gifted.
  • Automatically upgrades/downgrades users.
  • Statistics showing purchases over time.
  • Easily search for a user to gift.
Installation:
1. Upload gift_callback.php and library to your root xenforo directory.
2. Install the xml file.
3. Configure your packages.
This add-on has been in use at se7ensins.com for a couple months now and...

Read more about this resource...

This mod has been great for me. It has increased the number of paid memberships I receive each month and my users love it. People love gifting to others and those being gifted LOVE it. I'm shocked to see no one commenting on this. If you have an active userbase with a paid membership, this is a must have. It helps bring in extra revenue and the users love it. This was an idea that a buddy of mine said he was doing and how great his users loved it that I had to see if it would work for us. The price tag on this does not fit how valuable this really is.

Last edited:
Before I purchase this, I have a few questions:
  1. Does this add-on allow the user who recieved the "gift" to know who gave it to them (i.e. via PM)?
  2. After they click purchase, is there another page where they enter the users name before paying (if so, how does that look)?
  3. When editing a "Gift Package", is it the same as the page for editing a "User Upgrade"?

Before I purchase this, I have a few questions:
  1. Does this add-on allow the user who recieved the "gift" to know who gave it to them (i.e. via PM)?
  2. After they click purchase, is there another page where they enter the users name before paying (if so, how does that look)?
  3. When editing a "Gift Package", is it the same as the page for editing a "User Upgrade"?

Sorry for the delay. I thought I got notifications for this but apparently I don't,

1. No.
2. They type in the users name then that displays a list of packages they can purchase for the user as you can set groups that cannot be upgrade.
3. The page is very similar. Really the only difference is there is no recurring payment option and disabled user upgrades is replaced with non upgradeable groups meaning any user in that group will not be able to receive the package.

I've installed this but don't see it on the user end. admin end is there & I've created 2 gifts. on the user end, how do I get to it? I don't see it in the setting menu under "Account Upgrades" like in your screenshot. is the an option to turn it on I missed? do I need to set a usergroup permission to allow me to buy a gift? thanks

If I manually go to xen dir/index.php?gift I'm in the system. just don't see any links for users to get to that page

Weird, it's showing up for me:
d652ab.png

If I manually go to xen dir/index.php?gift I'm in the system. just don't see any links for users to get to that page

Weird, somehow the code event listener never got exported in the xml file for the hook. I will upload a fixed version shortly

This mod looks cool but the 1 month 3 month 6 month 12 month packages and such is that part of this mod? And if so can I set that to not only gift but users themselves. We run a Minecraft server and we have say VIP 1 and VIP 2 and VIP 3.

They would like to see say 10% off 20% off maybe 30% off for 3, 6 and 12 months but still using the exact same ID rather then saying have 20 diff packages showing up and being all messy hahs.

Any information would be great on that part.

This mod looks cool but the 1 month 3 month 6 month 12 month packages and such is that part of this mod?

You create your own packages, and their own lengths.

And if so can I set that to not only gift but users themselves. We run a Minecraft server and we have say VIP 1 and VIP 2 and VIP 3.

They would like to see say 10% off 20% off maybe 30% off for 3, 6 and 12 months but still using the exact same ID rather then saying have 20 diff packages showing up and being all messy hahs.

Im not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying you want to create one package and set up different lengths and prices for only that one package? If so that's not possible. You must create different packages for different lengths/prices.

Any information would be great on that part.

Weird, somehow the code event listener never got exported in the xml file for the hook. I will upload a fixed version shortly
This happened me too, because the listeners where associated to another addon^^
Maybe it's the same problem for you

Upload gift_callback.php

Does paypal need to call to that? If so, what if a different file is being used already at paypal. Paypal needs to add ability to use more then one IPN callback address.

This happened me too, because the listeners where associated to another addon^^
Maybe it's the same problem for you

Yea, it was apparently associated with no addon. The part I don't understand is it was there in 1.0.0 but when I exported the update apparently it disappeared.

Upload gift_callback.php

Does paypal need to call to that? If so, what if a different file is being used already at paypal. Paypal needs to add ability to use more then one IPN callback address.

If you already have a file called that you can rename then file then open up "gift_subs_package" template and replace
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="{$xenOptions.boardUrl}/gift_callback.php" />
with the correct path. It must still however by in the same directory.

I'm getting an error on return from Paypal, being:

Screen Shot 2012-07-16 at 1.55.41 PM.webp

The gift package works through to Paypal, hits this error on return from Paypal, however; the gift upgrade itself does pass through and activate correctly. This error however will give a lot of people a bad experience, as they don't like error after giving away $$$.

Any ideas?

Anthony, I receive the same error using several things including members using facebook connect received it a lot.

I changed in controller.php @ line 257 to

PHP:
if ($csrfAttempt)
{
if ($throw)
{
return false;
}
else
{
return false;
}