Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 1.6.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
This is actually something in the works for 1.4 -- the ability to gift members from their profiles and posts.
okay fair play I have achieved the button effect already but just wanted to know if you could tell me the code for it to just gift the member on the member card? And the selection what account upgrade ?

okay fair play I have achieved the button effect already but just wanted to know if you could tell me the code for it to just gift the member on the member card? And the selection what account upgrade ?
It's slightly more involved than just a template edit. You'll need to wait until 1.4 if you want something that works a little more elegantly.

Sorry if this has been addressed already. If a user already has purchased a subscription for themselves, how do they go about gifting? When they go to the account upgrades page it only allows them to cancel their own subscription.

Sorry if this has been addressed already. If a user already has purchased a subscription for themselves, how do they go about gifting? When they go to the account upgrades page it only allows them to cancel their own subscription.
The same upgrade still presents in the 'Available Upgrades' section, but with a 'Gift' button instead of 'Buy'/'Subscribe'

It looks like this is the result of an upgrade only being available for gifting if it can be purchased, so you can't easily disable an upgrade for purchase but allow it to be giftable.

Hey, I bought this add on quite some time ago I believe and have 1.3.5 ... why can I not log in to your website and my emails are not recognized? @NixFifty
EDIT: Did this recently become a paid add on or something? Because I have 1.3.5 and always pay for my stuff, I'm confused? Why can't I download this?

@NixFifty When users gift it then refund, the gifted user doesn't get deauthorized or anything and thus they get the product for free. This only started happening in 1.3.6. Unsure if you're aware.

Had a look? This was widely used on the forum and people are asking about it :(
Sorry I didn't get back to you but yeah I did look in to this and wasn't able to find an issue. We use this add-on on a couple big boards and it's worked as expected and also piggybacks off the default XF handling of refunds.

NixFifty updated Gift Upgrades with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.2

This update primarily features the ability to allow gifting from posts, profile posts and member profiles. These features are permission controlled but allow for more prominent displaying of the 'Gift' feature. In addition, this can be easily extended to other add-ons and their content types.

Content that has been gifted will display how many times it has been gifted along with a handy link to view the gifters (if they are not anonymous).

View attachment 155637

Users that receive...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom