Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 1.6.2

No permission to buy ($20.00)
The upgrading of users isn't happening for me. I've been testing the Gift button and it will take a user through checkout, take payment and return the user to the forum but the upgrade won't take place and neither the user nor the recipient gets any notification at all. The upgraded user does not show up in the list of upgraded users in the back end either.

I've tried basically all the different settings in the user upgrades settings.

Normal upgrades where my users upgrade themselves with a recurring monthly payment works fine though, just not with Gifting.

I have nothing in the error logs about it.

Does it matter that I changed the phrase of the Gift button to 'Gold this Post'?

It's like this addon just doesn't hook into the user upgrade system at all. I feel like I'm missing a setting somewhere but I've tried all kinds of things and the user just doesn't get upgraded and no notifications get sent at all.

I do have the Can Be Gifted tickbox on the User Upgrades section, so I know the addon is doing something and actually going through the payment process works but the Giftee gets nothing in the end.

Are there any known conflicts with other addons?

Last edited:
The upgrading of users isn't happening for me. I've been testing the Gift button and it will take a user through checkout, take payment and return the user to the forum but the upgrade won't take place and neither the user nor the recipient gets any notification at all. The upgraded user does not show up in the list of upgraded users in the back end either.

I've tried basically all the different settings in the user upgrades settings.

Normal upgrades where my users upgrade themselves with a recurring monthly payment works fine though, just not with Gifting.

I have nothing in the error logs about it.

Does it matter that I changed the phrase of the Gift button to 'Gold this Post'?
It's like this addon just doesn't hook into the user upgrade system at all. I feel like I'm missing a setting somewhere but I've tried all kinds of things and the user just doesn't get upgraded and no notifications get sent at all.

I do have the Can Be Gifted tickbox on the User Upgrades section, so I know the addon is doing something and actually going through the payment process works but the Giftee gets nothing in the end.

Are there any known conflicts with other addons?
Sorry, I've been AFK most of the day. I've not heard of any add-on conflicts with anything else, the add-on integrates tightly with the core and has been chugging along for years on a number of sites I manage. I'll send you a PM and we can look in to it together. :)

Via the options page.

Do you use the Widget Framework add-on? If so, there's no support for that at this time.
I do have Widget Framework installed but if I can't get a sidebar going with that, how do I do it? How does anyone do it?

Here are the options I have for Gift Upgrades:

screen.webp

It doesn't work with the Widget Framework hence why it's not showing up.
OK so you're saying that the very act of having Widget Framework addon installed is preventing me from 1) Having a Gift Upgrades sidebar and 2) Seeing the options for a sidebar on the options page, is that right?

If I uninstall WF then the options will show up and I can get the Gift Upgrades sidebar onto my forum?

OK so you're saying that the very act of having Widget Framework addon installed is preventing me from 1) Having a Gift Upgrades sidebar and 2) Seeing the options for a sidebar on the options page, is that right?

If I uninstall WF then the options will show up and I can get the Gift Upgrades sidebar onto my forum?
IIRC, Widget Framework replaces the existing contents of your sidebar so essentially the gift upgrades widget is getting overridden. The options you screenshotted are for the widget.

Uninstalling WF sounds a bit drastic, especially if you’re actually using it, I’ll just make a widget when I get some down time instead.

IIRC, Widget Framework replaces the existing contents of your sidebar so essentially the gift upgrades widget is getting overridden. The options you screenshotted are for the widget.

Uninstalling WF sounds a bit drastic, especially if you’re actually using it, I’ll just make a widget when I get some down time instead.
Mate that would be terrific, I'd be very happy to have that feature on my forum (y)

Hi there, have you had a chance to look at this yet?

Any news on this mate?

having an issue, been working perfect but yesterday a gifted sub didnt get applied, the payment did go through, this is the error I got.

ErrorException: Undefined index: cost_amount - library/NixFifty/GiftUpgrades/bdPaygate/Model/Processor.php:92
Generated By: Unknown Account, Tuesday at 10:51 AM

ErrorException: Undefined index: cost_currency - library/NixFifty/GiftUpgrades/bdPaygate/Model/Processor.php:93
Generated By: Unknown Account, Tuesday at 10:51 AM

Top Bottom