Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 2.5.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
@NixFifty something is not right with the add-on. I opened a ticket about 4 days ago but have not receive any response.

With just using @Xon 's Expiring User Upgrades 2.2.1 on active upgrade.

exg1.png

After installing the Gift Upgrades [Paid] 2.2.2 add-on with active upgrade

exg2.png

After I noticed the issue, I tested the two add-ons above on a fresh XF 2.2.1 test board with no other add-ons installed (except the needed Standard Library 1.1.2) and using the default style.

I only have one non-reoccurring upgrade. It shouldn't create the "Available upgrades" box if the user already had an active upgrade right? Should just add a Gift button I would think.

This is how it looks with both add-ons installed on an account with no active upgrades. Looks OK there.

no-up1.png

Last edited:
How do we configure this after purchase and installation?

I found the new user group permissions and I see the "can be gifted" option in the User Upgrades admin page, but nothing has changed in the site templates, even using the default style. Did I miss something?

How do we configure this after purchase and installation?

I found the new user group permissions and I see the "can be gifted" option in the User Upgrades admin page, but nothing has changed in the site templates, even using the default style. Did I miss something?
That should be sufficient though if it's not working, feel free to open a ticket with information about your XF version and any add-ons you're using as it's possible there might be a conflict.

That should be sufficient though if it's not working, feel free to open a ticket with information about your XF version and any add-ons you're using as it's possible there might be a conflict.
I solved the issue: I was just applying the user group permissions to the Administrator group for testing, and for whatever reason the buttons didn't show. Updating the permissions for the "Registered" group made the buttons appear as expected. (Perhaps the plugin is only checking the primary user group?)

Outstanding plugin, by the way. I've been using gift membership plugins for decades across vB and XF and this is by far the best. 🏆

My only suggestion would be to add a few lines of instructions detailing configuration. Despite my experience I was a bit lost until I considered it might be controlled by user group permissions.

Edit: Possible bug - the "gift" option is shown on the "purchased upgrades" box, which is out of place.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 4.30.05 PM.webp

Last edited:
Reactions: Naz
I really would like to get this addon, but it seems that maybe my account was auto-banned from the website. I am in an area of Asia that may be prone to spam attacks, but I promise I just want to get the addon. My handle is ReneKunert over on your site.

It says that the "ticket" has been resolved, but I am still banned. (I can still start support tickets, though, as I did yesterday.)

Is there something I need to do to be able to purchase the addon?

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 16.44.29.png

Last edited:
NixFifty updated Gift Upgrades with a new update entry:

Version 2.3.1

• Allow users with permission to gift user upgrades for free.
  • When fresh installing the add-on, ensure the registered group gets permissions to send gifts.
  • Add a gift link to messages sent within Siropu's Chat add-on.
  • Adjust permission checking when gifting content.
  • Minor code clean up.
Includes changes from v2.3.0 because I forgot to post that, oops

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sweet! Since "Purchase" has an icon the the left, how about the "Gift" icon?

My first suggestion within minutes! :p

Reactions: Naz
I hit a snag!
I have it enabled on posts for the Admin group and when it click it , it works!
But from the user upgrades main page I see the Gift button but I get:
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
As an admin, and group permission is Yes. Can be gifted, Yes.

Last edited:
I hit a snag!
I have it enabled on posts for the Admin group and when it click it , it works!
But from the user upgrades main page I see the Gift button but I get:
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
As ad admin, and group permission is Yes. Can be gifted, Yes.
I just reproduced that in a ticket with another customer. Working on a fix. :)

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

I'm thinking a conversation would be better so the alert does not get buried, dismissed, or disappear with more alerts.

Anyway, top work! Really like it so far.

Top Bottom