Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 2.5.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)
NixFifty updated Gift Upgrades with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.0

Thanks to @Xon for contributions to this release. :)
  • Re-introduce content gifting. Posts, profile posts, profile post comments. Last 2 require XF2.1.
  • Add missing legacy gift_callback.php endpoint for XF1.x migrations.
  • Add recently gifted post's widget (can migrate from XF1.x config).
  • Fixed alerts about received gifts.
  • Re-add user criteria.
  • Supports User Essentials "Custom...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Xon
Thanks much for the link!

I assume this would support multiple upgrades of different types? It would be great if this could visually display upgrades that are gifted for content, a-la-Reddit's medal system.

Irrespective of that, the workflow is quite nice, well done 👏

@NixFifty

The gifting does not work when combined with a discount coupon that makes a usergroup upgrade free. For instance, a $10 upgrade gift works, however when a coupon is applied to make it $0, or when the upgrade is free, the gift is automatically transferred to self, instead of being gifted to someone else. Please look into this bug when you have the chance

Discount coupons would be from another add-on, hard to say why it isn't working without knowing which add-on it is or even seeing it's code

Discount coupons would be from another add-on, hard to say why it isn't working without knowing which add-on it is or even seeing it's code

Right it's the Discount Coupons plugin from DragonByte Tech. The regular function works fine, it's this plugin that seems to not work when discounted to free. My guess would be that once it's free it skips the payment verification check and applies it to the own user instead of going through the gifting procedure. Again just an inference based on what I can tell. Hope that helps, please update if possible.

We have upgraded our site to XF2 but the ability to gift recurring upgrades doesn't exist which make the addon useless for us , we have only recurring subscriptions and it was working fine with XF1.5

I've just installed this to our forums which is running XF2.1.4 the addon has installed fine and no issues with that, however the "Gift" option isn't appearing next to the account upgrades when enabled. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and still no luck, any idea on how to fix this issue?

Would it be possible to add an option to allow gifting of upgrades to be tied to a specific post? It would show up on the user profile/forum view/post view as a gold star, indicating that X post gained a gifted upgrade.

Would be a tweak to allow something a bit closer to the suggestion I had in the other thread, though that was much more extensive (tied to virtual currency etc).

Would it be possible to add an option to allow gifting of upgrades to be tied to a specific post? It would show up on the user profile/forum view/post view as a gold star, indicating that X post gained a gifted upgrade.

Would be a tweak to allow something a bit closer to the suggestion I had in the other thread, though that was much more extensive (tied to virtual currency etc).
Re. Post above: @NixFifty Is this something that could be possible? 😊
I'm not quite sure I understand the request. You can already gift upgrades on posts.

I'm not quite sure I understand the request. You can already gift upgrades on posts.

Is that visible to others? With a gold star on the post? (of something similar)
The resource details does not contain any images of how it looks to other users when someone has gifted a upgrade on a post. Or seeing this addon in live usage would be useful.

Is that visible to others? With a gold star on the post? (of something similar)
The resource details does not contain any images of how it looks to other users when someone has gifted a upgrade on a post. Or seeing this addon in live usage would be useful.
I'll throw up some more screenshots when I get a chance. Others can see how many times a post has been gifted including a list of people who did so (if they chose not to be anonymous). There are CSS classes available to target gifted posts (and other supported content types) so you can customise them best to suit your site / style.

@Xon runs this on his site and here's a random example post showing how it has been customised there. The border indicates it has been gifted and there is a link at the bottom of the post to see who gifted it. Of course, you'd be able to customise to your own taste and if you wanted a gold star, you could add one.

Thank you! Made things much more clear for me 😊👍Should probably include such a example image in the resource description, yes 😊

Top Bottom