Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
how can I get the default xenforo node status icons back?

I tried replacing forum_read, forum_unread and node-sprite from default style to flexile style folders. However, the icons are not properly aligned. How can I do this right?

Thanks!

Can any one confirm this:
Strange position of the spirit on file uploads
spiritposition.webp

and missing arrows in the lightbox
navicons.webp
(Strange background??? after paint.net saved the image)

Oops....

I made a big mistake when uploading the latest Flexile update. Rather then overwriting my "Flexile Template" parent style which I have specifically for upgrades, I overwrite the "Flexile Blue" child style. I realize I can do a restore from backup but I would prefer not to do such.

I just moved by site from a shared server to a dedicated server. The "old" site is still accessible to me on the old server. I accessed the old site's admin panel and used the Export function to save the old style. The file automatically named itself as "style-Blue.xml". I tried to import that file on the new server and I received an error message: "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

I looked at the xml file and it appears fine. It begins identically to the normal Flexile update file. The first few lines of code are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<style title="Blue" description="" user_selectable="1">
<properties>

Any idea what could be wrong with the file that causes it to be rejected from the import process?

Oops....

I made a big mistake when uploading the latest Flexile update. Rather then overwriting my "Flexile Template" parent style which I have specifically for upgrades, I overwrite the "Flexile Blue" child style. I realize I can do a restore from backup but I would prefer not to do such.

I just moved by site from a shared server to a dedicated server. The "old" site is still accessible to me on the old server. I accessed the old site's admin panel and used the Export function to save the old style. The file automatically named itself as "style-Blue.xml". I tried to import that file on the new server and I received an error message: "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

I looked at the xml file and it appears fine. It begins identically to the normal Flexile update file. The first few lines of code are:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<style title="Blue" description="" user_selectable="1">
<properties>

Any idea what could be wrong with the file that causes it to be rejected from the import process?
Hmm, I'm not sure what would be causing it to be invalid. If you want to upload it here I can try to take a look at it. :)

Thank you Erik. I renamed the file with a .txt extension so I could upload it.
I repaired it. Turns out there were some extra <![CDATA tags in some of your custom/modified templates that were ruining the syntax of the XML. Technically this should be a bug - XenForo should handle this on export so that it isn't creating invalid XML.

Anyway, here's the fixed file.

I've attached the portions that I removed from the template. You'll need to copy and paste the contents of the PAGE_CONTAINER file at the bottom of the PAGE_CONTAINER template, just before the </body> tag. Paste the entire contents of the custom_google_billboard file into that template (it should be empty now). :)

Hope that helps. :)

Attachments

Just going to quote you so you can get a notification and hopefully see this message.

I notified you previously, about how the Arrows weren't showing on the LIghtbox, and they still aren't even after that little update, did you even take my suggestion into consideration.

They are still missing, and i am not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not.

I notified you previously, about how the Arrows weren't showing on the LIghtbox, and they still aren't even after that little update, did you even take my suggestion into consideration.

They are still missing, and i am not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not.
Sorry, I forgot in the midst of everything. I'll take a look at it!

Hi Erik- I am a XenForo noobie here, so please bear with me. I like your Style a lot and would like to add it to my forum. However, I have some problem installing the style.

The instruction that comes with the zip file says:

"Upload the contents of the upload directory to the root of your XenForo installation."

Well, the contents of the upload directory is a single folder named "styles" and there is already a "styles" folder in the root of my XenForo installation. If I move this new "styles" folder into the root, it will override the "default" style that is already in there.

Can you please help? Thank you.

Hi Erik- I am a XenForo noobie here, so please bear with me. I like your Style a lot and would like to add it to my forum. However, I have some problem installing the style.

The instructions that comes with the zip file says:

"Upload the contents of the upload directory to the root of your XenForo installation."

Well, the contents of the upload directory is "styles" and there is already a "styles" folder in the root of my XenForo installation. If I move this new "styles" folder in the root, it will override the "default" style that is already in there.

Can you please help? Thank you.
In the styles upload folder is only the flexile folder, so you don't overwrite the default xenforo style.

Thank you, Ramses. I got it to work. I just had to move the "upload" folder and the style-Flexile.xml to the root, then import it in. There was another error and it had to do with missing temporary file. It turned out that the temp_folder didn't have the write permission. Fixed that and was able to import it.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey Erik... it looks like the newest version of Chrome has a slight issue with some of the css in the EWR exceptions... so I have replaced the contents of "/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT THREADS SETTINGS */" with the following:
Code:
/* FLEXILE > PORTAL > RECENT THREADS SETTINGS */
    #recentThreads { padding: 0px; }
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders { margin: 0px; padding-right: 5px; }
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders a span { padding: 0px 10px; }
    #recentThreads .sectionHeaders .lastPost { width: 155px; }
    #recentThreads .discussionListItems { margin: 0px 10px 10px; }

Can any one confirm this:
Strange position of the spirit on file uploads
View attachment 22882

and missing arrows in the lightbox
View attachment 22881
(Strange background??? after paint.net saved the image)

Don't know about the strange background but the missing arrows issue is easily fixed.
Flexile and Flexile-Dark both carry the old lightbox-sprite.png file in the current package.
Simply go to
/styles/default/xenforo/widgets/
to find the correct lightbox-sprite.png (you'll notice that it's different). :)

First issue, the file upload pic.
Hard grasp the exact positioning of this, so does anyone know?
Other than that, the image is the same as page.png

how can I get the default xenforo node status icons back?

I tried replacing forum_read, forum_unread and node-sprite from default style to flexile style folders. However, the icons are not properly aligned. How can I do this right?

Thanks!

I have the same question. Has anyone figured this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom